Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
kurtfish

Legal Fight Donation Roll Call

My Bass Pro is on the way. $250 Kurtfish, $250 Mckenzie

A fishing tourney in Laguna is fine but donating directly to these worthy organizations is the best way to keep the legal pressure on the enviros that are trying to do global warming thing to us once again. The You-Tube video from yesterday's meeting is very telling. We have a real shot at putting these folks back in their place just as Billy V did with his real science based presentation to the SD City Council. The Laguna Beach City Council is a lost cause in my opinion. I spoke to a couple members at the SD MLPA meeting and the little old ladies have that town under their thumb. Fighting the overall process in court is the only way to go to get this entire unnecessary plan thrown out.

PAL says ^That's awesome. Rapala must have donated a bunch of those games.

Keep America Fishing is the ASA, American Sportfishing Association. They are a key member of the PSO, and a staunch ally in the MLPA fight. It's a good place to send cash. They've spent a ton trying to help us.

HOWEVER

To directly fund the legal effort and keep your money in California, go here: http://oceanaccessprotectionfund.org/

Last edited by kurtfish; 12-17-2010 at 02:36 PM.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
CurtyL

Sorry if I'm a little late to the final act here, but it looks like the same last minute hijinx that was deployed by the enviros up north got redeployed on us with similar effect. If you can't beat em', confuse em with last minute changes. If it's all the same to you guys, I think I'll save my money for the fines that may or may not be coming next year.

When your in a Kayak, drifting happens.......
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
kurtfish

Fines may not be the worst of your fears

Once animals are put above people who knows where they may go with enforcement of enviro regualtions. If we sitback and "wait" to see what they will do to us next we are doomed to accepting a second class citizen position. We need to sit up and make a stand now that we have been patient and endured the prostration of this foul MLPA process.

The rope barrier is back up at "The Childrens Pool" because it is pupping season for those cuties. Wait until the rope barriers extent out three miles and the Enviros finally get out on the water to patrol their new found waters. Lefties with handguns in kaykas could be your worst nightmare come true. Let's not wait till the kelp beds turn into the Wild West.

The last minute changes are part of flawed MLPA process that we need to fight right now.

Please consider this lawful & honorable fight, Kurtfish
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I can see the epic future battles raging in my mind's eye. Enviro's will be patrolling the grounds in their big polluting luxury yachts, looking for violators. Since courtesy is not one of their strong suits, they will undoubtedly cruise at a speed that ensures the maximum wake. All the while some frail frantic person in a blue shirt will be screeching away on a bull horn. The message will be that the area has been closed to the current generation in order to make sure there will be fish available for future generations. She will leave out the part that the future generations will not be allowed to fish either. Occasionally the message may wander off to the subject of saving California's coral reefs.

Meanwhile, the former yakfishers, armed with water balloon launchers and paintball guns will stage cunning attacks on the Enviro's yachts. Each time a paint ball pellet hits home and mars the flawless finish, the yacht owner will burst into tears at the thought of having to dip into his trust fund again to pay for a complete detail job.

From below, former Spearos will be busy stretching out lengths of line, (donated by the former lobster fishers who have been forced out of business). These webs of polypropylene will be placed in the path of the petrolling yachts. One by one the Enviros yachts will become dead in the water with fouled props. The lady in the blue shirt will not notice as she continues squawking away on her bull horn.

Some good may come of all of this however. Some of the commercial fishermen who lost their businesses as a result of the MLPA closures will have taken new jobs working for vessel assist. The hefty towing charges may allow some of these guys to avoid foreclosure and stay in their homes.

Happy Holidays,

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Some good may come of all of this however. Some of the commercial fishermen who lost their businesses as a result of the MLPA closures will have taken new jobs working for vessel assist. The hefty towing charges may allow some of these guys to avoid foreclosure and stay in their homes.
Bob
How awesome would that be!!
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
Billy V

I'm in for a donation.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I'm in as well. Keep the faith and fight back hard.

Steve
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
mtnbykr2

I think we all need to give what we can to the fight, hopefully our lawyers are better than theirs, it will probably be long hard and spendy..."D" is absolutley right we have to fight back now....nice story btw D
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Socalrobt

Donated again today. Keep the donations coming. We can win this!
Socalrobt is offline   Reply With Quote