Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
kurtfish

Family on the Fourth

While I am fishing for Striped Bass with my father in-law in New Hampshire over this national holiday weekend I hope you all are not nailing too many Yellowtail with the sun finally shining in San Diego. I enjoyed some very nice waves while bodysurfing solo at Boomer on Friday afternoon so I certainly am not complaining about being away from La Jolla this weekend.

Over the past year I have had the privilege of experiencing our incredible freedoms with my children on our local waters. It is sad to think that our ventures may soon be limited by the implementation of the MLPA. This past Tuesday morning my son and I launched from La Jolla Shores at 3:30am and Lucas landed the below pictured WSB by 5:30am.
Name:  Lucas'WSBJune11 (2).JPG
Views: 906
Size:  135.2 KB

This was our second early morning trip in the month of June and Lucas was on a roll with a very nice Calico hooked and landed on his own during our previous La Jolla venture.
Name:  LucCaliJune2011 (4).jpg
Views: 911
Size:  66.0 KB

Lucas and I have shared numerous fishing related experiences together over the past year including testifying at several MLPA meetings last year. But I have to say pulling a 40 pound WSB into Lucas’ lap at dawn on that morning after he was begging me not to fish for Macs at the pier because he was quite afraid from the waves we had just splashed through at the launch is right on the top of list.
Name:  LucasKJune 2011 (2).jpg
Views: 912
Size:  71.5 KB

I wish all BWE members a very happy Independence Day especially our veterans and current service members who provide us the opportunity to celebrate our freedom every day in this incredible country. I would also like to wish my colleague, Robert Fletcher all the best with his ongoing efforts to fight the implementation of the MLPA on our behave. Please continue to support his tireless efforts at Keep America Fishing.org. Bob & I look forward to seeing many of you and your families at the Bill Poole Memorial Tournement BBQ and silent auction on July 31st at www.hswri.org.

Last edited by kurtfish; 07-02-2011 at 09:04 PM.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote