Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

LJ Winter Fishing

Making the 2 hour trek down to La Jolla twice this weekend and not really wanting to go for rockfish, I haven't caught my November yellowtail yet! (trying to catch at least one per month, 4 months down so far!) This is my first winter fishing La Jolla, and wanted to know where the fish are in the water column now? Are you gettin em on the yoyo? Or still the flyline? Not afraid of skunking I will put in two 8 hour days for one fish if I have to
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
dorado50

Its only six days into Nov. I don't think many have caught a yellow so far this month!. Its early yet!. I'm going to yo-yo for a few hours thru the water column, while flylining a bait. If nothing happens I'll put a bait on the bottom. U willing to put in sixteen hours for one yt....I wish I was in your shoes!! Sometimes it takes me several weeks to connect with those little bast---s. Good luck
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Hopefully I will see you out on the water! In a tan Outback, let's kill some fish! Think I'm just going to fish a flyline the first day and see how that works. Good luck out there
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote