Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Deamon

Another Lobster Comment...

There, I put it in the title so you could close it up now if you're bored of the topic...but I'm NOT! Especially when a place like Pt Loma Seafoods has it selling for $21.50 a pound.

I took some peeps from work on a bug boat last night out San Diego. They were mashing dines into a liquid slurry, then poured in some WD-40 before it went into their bait tubes...

We had plenty of action (26) keeps and (104) Rock Crab. Threw back as many crab too small or larger models loaded with egg. We caught a couple of star fish, a few Snails (?), Rays, Horn Shark, etc...weird stuff to see come up...30 minutes pulls. Wondering if anyone has had results using WD?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

I know it's commonly used for catching catfish...or least it used to be...never heard of it for lobster but...you never know??
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Drake

I'll try it on my next trip and let you know how it goes.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
GR6RR
Lucky Fisher

Has anyone tried using squeezing uni goop into the Drake puck with bait mixture? I think I'd rather eat uni goop than water displacement solution.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'll try it on my next trip and let you know how it goes.
God forbid it breaks up the seven's streak!!!...maybe try it later in the season...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
yotasan

Found this little fact on WD40 website:

What a Fish story!

Myth: WD-40 contains fish oil.
Fact:
Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.
WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40 can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40 to attract fish.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
slobslayer

I thought wd 50 and other stuff like that was illegal? Back in the day I heard of soaking bait in diesel fuel etc.... Anybody have any insight on legalities because these may be considered pollutants.
slobslayer is offline   Reply With Quote