Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
vellocity

Friday 8/5 AM

had to go again this morning... in search of those BIG boils i saw yesterday..

first off, this 5 banger on mini Bonitos... instant sabiki salad.. damn it! not a nice way to start the morning.. was lazy to retie another sabiki so mini bonitos were on the bait menu this morning..

slowtrolled one and a rapala.. had to clip the tails of them cause they kept pulling my clicker.... instant pickup on the mini bonito, let him eat it, hookup! mini pull, thought it was a cuda..up comes a little mini YT about 6-7#! he gets released due to a nice circlehook in the corner.. could not believe this little guy at such a big bait!

see some boils.. cast the mini hydro metal.. instant hook up, up comes his brother..or sister..whatever he/she gets released too.. another mini YT.. sh*t! where are the meat ones? this guy was mini mini, like 5#
casted the megabait all morning yesterday and each boil never even bumped the jig.. so last night i packed the little Yozuri Hydro Metal.. tiny one, like only 2.5" long and 1 3/8oz.. everything i casted on ate it.. i was using the little one (012) in the greenback color.. and i changed the trebel hook to a 4/0 live bait hook..

get another YT just off the kelp edge.. this one comes up bleeding.. it inhaled the mini jig and it was hooked deep in the gills.. sorry little fella is gonna be spicy hamachi tonight..

lots of fishies out there.. got tired of unhooking cudas and bonito and bailed a little after 9am..
water color was yukk on the inside, slightly better at the outside corner..

good luck weekend guys!
N
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
madscientist

Nice report Nelz. I like those yozuris but, man, they ain't cheap. Still, might be worth the investment.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

small yellowtail

Like Nelz. I also caught three small yellowtail around 5 or 6lbs. at the bull kelp two on bait and one on the iron all three were released to grow up. saw alot of boils today. make lots of bait you go through fast because of the barracudas. Still a very nice day. Good luck Jim.
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
aguachico

little YT

Yo Nelz, good job on the fish. There's nothing wrong with keeping #5 yt. They are young tender and good to eat. So next time you want to keep one, just cut it's throat and tell your buddy.... look it's bleeding pretty bad :twisted:
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
vellocity

Re: little YT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico
Yo Nelz, good job on the fish. There's nothing wrong with keeping #5 yt. They are young tender and good to eat. So next time you want to keep one, just cut it's throat and tell your buddy.... look it's bleeding pretty bad :twisted:
haha!! luckily he was the biggest one of the day.. poor guy taste really good about 30 mins ago.. spicy hamachi with some cold Pacifico's..

when are we going? went with SurfDoc the other day..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
aguachico

Just got her back from Ensenada. It's too slow to waste your money right now. She's caught 5 tuna so far, in two trips. I'm getting geared up for Abreojos in 4 weeks. When I get back or if it goes off in the next few weeks we'll go.
Bait is going up, gas is going up. I want them to be hungry when we launch.
You may see me in the yak over the next week. I'm having a Navman installed this week and a tune-up, trailer work... f'n boats are a lot of work
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote