Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
onetriphudson

Need Baja Advice

I want to fly and stay for about 4 days. Need to bring wife and another couple. Any advice on cost or location is needed. I'd love to do La Paz or an east cape location but I'm getting mixed reviews. So far the best deal is $1500 for flight and hotel near cabo not counting fishing. Kayaking is definetaly a goal but at least one day I want to travel far and pull hard on a 100+ quality fish. If you know what's up please share with me either PM or here in the thread. It would be very very very appreciated. I've caught so many fish but it's time to break that 100lb barrier.
onetriphudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
bigbarrels

Punta Colorado!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
tattuna

If it's 2 couples go to La Paz! Great city with cool beaches and great fishing. If you wanna break the 100 lb mark go for marlin or if you're lucky the big tuna will still be at the 88 spot.

I've done a dozen trips since '98 and book through Jonathan Roldan at Tailhunter International. Top notch operation he runs. Not to mention he's got one of the coolest restaurant/bars in all of Baja.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...KZ2sfsqN1moqwA

The expensive obstacle is the flight. Last time I flew Volaris out of Tijuana for $150 round trip. Alaska Airlines Usually runs around $400+. Talk to Jonathan or his wife Jill and they'll help you with that. They know where to get deals if there are any to be had.

I've been all over Baja and I think La Paz is probably the best spot for couples. Took a lady friend 2 years ago and had a blast. Real laid back and friendly town with enough to keep the ladies from getting bored. Great food everywhere you go too. I always stay at La Concha. Great hotel/resort with a private beach, pool, and a couple bars.

Tell Jonathan Charles from Team Modelo sent you. If you make it be sure to take a trip to Tecolote Beach and try the chocolate clams!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
TCS

Rancho Leonero

They have two rigged up Pro Anglers
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
They have two rigged up Pro Anglers

x2 on RAncho Leonero.......just watch out for the Revo that takes on water (if still around) and the man and daughter who play guitar and sing while you try to eat and converse with your friends, then demand money for their performance and get upset if you don't give them enough..........otherwise excellent place and there is Dorado 100 yds off shore.....

Old 06-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
tattuna

Punta Colorado and Leonero are cool and real close to great fishing areas, but you're pretty much stuck at the resort and there's not much outside of it. Definitely the most ideal location for kayak fishing though.

Cabo is cool too but it's more of a party town and there are lots of people trying to hustle you to buy stuff.

I think La Paz is more ideal for couples since you can explore the city and beaches. You can even rent a jeep for the day and make the 1 1/2 hour drive down to Cabo and hang out there for the day.

I've been to all these spots and all offer you a chance at that 100+ lb fish, but for the sake of taking a lady I think La Paz is a better destination since it has more to offer.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
dorado50

Going to Cabo could change your life forever...........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Nic D

Los Barriles is where I would go in an instant. I will retire there some day. Amazing little fishing town that still looks and feels like old baja.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Ditto on Punta Colorado and La Paz... East cape is the best choice for a fisherman however those pesky women may need:

San Jose del Cabo is not too bad; a little slower pace than the Cabo San Lucas side of things... catch a panga and/ or kayak trip there. Most of the resorts on the San Jose side are all inclusive and many have spas for the ladies, and a quick taxi ride to all the shopping they can handle in downtown Cabo San Lucas. There are some very nice homes up the coast just a bit (south/east direction) that are right on the beach, and are a good deal for a few people to go in on, if there are any available... and the Presidente International is a decent place to stay for couples/ families at a decent price. they will keep your fish for you, and it is right at the end of Hotel beach. But whatever you do, good luck and I am Jealous!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
I want to fly and stay for about 4 days. Need to bring wife and another couple. Any advice on cost or location is needed. I'd love to do La Paz or an east cape location but I'm getting mixed reviews. So far the best deal is $1500 for flight and hotel near cabo not counting fishing. Kayaking is definetaly a goal but at least one day I want to travel far and pull hard on a 100+ quality fish. If you know what's up please share with me either PM or here in the thread. It would be very very very appreciated. I've caught so many fish but it's time to break that 100lb barrier.
Call Jim Sammons and he'll give you all the info you need.
http://www.kayak4fish.com/

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote