Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
madscientist

5/20-5/21

Long weekend. Before I get to it, I have to post this pic. Mike showing me his kick ass bucktailing technique. They even bite when his pants are down!

Did the Am-PM combo Saturday. Whole bunch of nothing. Launched late today. Wind picked up just as I finished making bait, and it was slop city from there on out. Hung out with the bad lamb fo sho team for a while before pounding back in.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
MKNOTT

Glad I had shorts on under my paddle pants. Just for the record, I was in the middle of taking a leak MKNOTT

When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea, <O
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
MKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

I am hoping the weatherman is a tard. I am gonna get up and take a look. I don't mind a little rain, but 15 kts does not sound fun.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
lamb

Weatherman blew it today. He had 10 to 15kt wind in the forecast last week for Sunday, and then they lowered it last night. It was all right when we got there around 10:00AM… As it kicked up to 15ish around noon, it seemed to be only going stronger. Stiff S wind was quite a pain, and quickly steered up some thick 3ft wind swell & chop. Pretty sloppy rather quickly. We gave up around 2:00PM, and took major beating all the way back going in to the wind.

Managed to put in a couple of nice drifts, picked up few aux specimens.

Bait is still there. Water 64+. Descent color at the North LJ, but seemed rather milky greenish further south on our way back to MB.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I launched at 3 this afternoon and was back on shore around 5. The wind out of the South was too much. It was actually really smooth for the amount of wind.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote