Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
T Bone

Bug Bait-Salmon heads-WAAAAAAAAAY cheap

One of my brothers deckhands has a father who is a wholesale Seafood distributor.They buy whole salmon and distribute to markets and restaurants filleted and processed.They sell the Heads and bellies to local asian markets.
I again have the opportunity to buy wholesale salmon heads and bellies for,get this,$.35 a pound.The kicker is I have to buy in large quantities so I am looking for a group order...
Matt(Stinky)and i went in on some last year and he will vouch for the deal but he wont sell me a small quantity any more,I have to buy several hundred pounds.I am in for 100# and will pay on good faith for a few fortunate folks who want to get in on this.I may or may not need more bait depending on how the season goes so speak now,speak quickly or forever hold your peace...

Also,I have a deep freeze and an igloo 180 but after that guys need to pick up quick.I plan on going early next week.Let me know.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
StinkyMatt

That was a good deal last year.

The only thing I wish I had done is split all the heads before freezing.

Good luck with the bugs this year.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

so.. $35 for 100lbs? can i get half bellies? i know of a few toothy critters lurking our shores that would love some salmon bellies.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
jaws197

I would up for 100lbs if I had someone willing to transport them down to SD along with their own (willing to pony up some gas money....)

Looking at you Lowprofile....LOL

Let me know Chris?
jaws197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
boxturtle

Anybody in oc going into this deal if so im in for 50lbs? How much space will it take up?
boxturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
T Bone

Last year it was about one third bellies.Cant really do anything about the ratio.I plan on going monday or tuesday.S.D. folk are able to meet with me at the Dist.directly and take it from there.That would be better.

A few local lobster guys get there bait from here too so I need to get moving on it.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 09-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #7
wbrewski

I am in

I am in for a 100 LB, I work in Miar loma so let me know when to pick it up in Chino. I am also off on Tuesday so I could pick it up amy time that day in Chino.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #8
Deamon

I am good for a hundred #. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
T Bone

Ok so it looks like 400# or so.I can get 200# in an Igloo 180 and last year some of it was in these awesome foam coolers.I will go on either monday or tuesday depending on my work schedule.The Dist. is in OC which is where I am working next week too.Just PM me and let me know your plans.I have a very heavy meat cleaver for those who want to split their heads you can dob it at my place just be warned you will get fish brains in your hair for sure.Also there is tax on the .35 a pound whatever that comes out to.Still a killer deal since 100# is enough for a lot of trips.I did much better with stuffed cages of salmon than a few macks for sure.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
JohnnyCope
The Four-Finger discount

I'm up for 50#
JohnnyCope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

give me 20lbs. of heads and bellies mixture. i dont care what i get. i can send paypal, check, or cold hard cash.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Ok so it looks like 400# or so.I can get 200# in an Igloo 180 and last year some of it was in these awesome foam coolers.I will go on either monday or tuesday depending on my work schedule.The Dist. is in OC which is where I am working next week too.Just PM me and let me know your plans.I have a very heavy meat cleaver for those who want to split their heads you can dob it at my place just be warned you will get fish brains in your hair for sure.Also there is tax on the .35 a pound whatever that comes out to.Still a killer deal since 100# is enough for a lot of trips.I did much better with stuffed cages of salmon than a few macks for sure.
I live about 2 miles from the dist. just call me the night before. 100 Lb
Walt 714-850-0667.

Thanks a lot
walt
Old 09-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

I'm in for 100lbs!

-Ed
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
danjor

If its not too late ill take 100lbs.
If you could give me a call before you get them,
so i can know what day to get them and where from
951-533-7662
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws197 View Post
I would up for 100lbs if I had someone willing to transport them down to SD along with their own (willing to pony up some gas money....)

Looking at you Lowprofile....LOL

Let me know Chris?
ill need to get your cash this weekend and i can get it after work next week.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
DocHaole

Hey man, put me down for 50 pounds. I can come pick it up anytime next week in the evening. If for some reason you need more for the order you can up it to 100 pounds. But 50 is probably plenty.

Thanks
DocHaole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
T Bone

the response is a little overwhelming.I will do what I can to try to hook as many people up as i can.

It would be awesome if someone from SD is available tuesday to P/U directly from the Dist. in Santa Ana.I am already going to be lugging 400# to the Casa.I will begin calling/answering all PMs this afternoon and will place the order tomorrow.I was just looking to do this once to hook a few guys up but may set up another run.I could always use some bug kharma.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
danjor

I might be able to help you carry some in my truck to your place if your intrested. Idk what time you plan on picking it up but let me know and maby we can work something out.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
danjor

Just finished putting away my 100# of salmon parts and lets just say that alot of bait! Took me a few hours to bag up at home and even spent a hour splitting 1/2 the heads. Saved some of the good parts of the bellies to try to eat. Cooking some thats marinating, hopefully it will tast good, planing on smoking some tomorrow. But dont get me wrong this was alot more work than i thought it would be and guts and blood and scales got everywhere lol
Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Just finished putting away my 100# of salmon parts and lets just say that alot of bait! Took me a few hours to bag up at home and even spent a hour splitting 1/2 the heads. Saved some of the good parts of the bellies to try to eat. Cooking some thats marinating, hopefully it will tast good, planing on smoking some tomorrow. But dont get me wrong this was alot more work than i thought it would be and guts and blood and scales got everywhere lol
He told me he was only able to order 200 lbs. how did you get yours? Since you were clearly down the list.