Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
T Bone

Hooping Dana 10-1-2011 PM

I need to explore some new spots for sure.Me and my wingman Brent hit the water at 6:30.As soon as we rounded the longwall,I knew we were not in Kansas anymore.It was just us and a few hundred of our closest friends.I tried Chicken leg quarters and cat food for the first time.I guess it worked OK but tuna scraps have allways been my standby at this time of year but due to reasons beyond my control I didnt have any.
I dont think the bugs crawled very well last night although we called it a night around 11:30.I didnt pull a double even once when usually we get lots of 2-3-4's albeit they are a lot of "crawdads" thats the way the Dana jetty is-lots of numbers and culling.I feel very fortunate to have ended the night with three and brent with one that was much bigger than my three.After talking with people it was slow but maybe the crawl got going later?
Anyways I am going to make a lobster tortellini with homemade alfredo sauce later this week.I will post pics and the recipe.Tried taking pics with my new G'zone Commando but because of lighting they didnt come out well.

Till next time

Travis

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
danjor

I was there until 230am crawl never picked back up. I ended up catching over 50 short ones. I had alot of doubles. Had one that was close but I let him go count risk a ticket. From what I heard I had alot compared to most last night. Even cought 3 sharks.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
T Bone

I have a lobster chowder boiling down on the stove right now.the key is to steam the lobster in the shells and then pour that steam water into the chowder.It adds tons of flavor!

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
PapaDave

Mr. Crabs

I was out at 12:01 Saturday, lots and lots of boats, as expected. I perceive I don't know much about hooping, I was out off the jetty in 35' of water. All I got was a crab. It was built better then a tank, rather onry, and was trying to demonstrate the proper way to crush my fishing pole...

Anyone know what species he is?
Attached Images

PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Looks like a C. productus or red rock crab to me... although i am no expert

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote