Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
T Bone

Rod Blank ID Help

...down here at the pawn shop....

Scored a killer rod today at a local Pawnshop.The same pawnshop that I bought my phenix a year ago.This rod is 7' and I would rate it at 20-40# great for 30#.It has a sweet custom wrap with black alum reel seat and SIC guides.It has blue finish over a very coase cloth that I believe is glass.This transitions to graphite right above the grip all the way to the tip.I have seen these before but I dont remember the maker of these blanks.Doing a 2 day on the Islander in two weeks and will try it then.

BTW I got this rod for $40.There is a truline and an old yellow Lamiglss rod there too,They are both spinning rods but could be re-wrapped conventional for sure but they were both probably 12# rods good for bass.PM me if you want the address its in montclair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (76.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (75.0 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (67.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (69.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (59.1 KB, 117 views)

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
mtnbykr2

ask Fishaholic...or maybe Teamfish, there are alot of guys that wrap rods I am sure someone could ID that
nice rod for the price though
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

looks like AMERICAN TACKLE Viper series. hard to find blanks now. awesome blanks, and a guy named wiseguy was selling one (grey skin instead of your blue skin). http://www.americantackle.us/blanksviper.html

have fun.

Last edited by vincentek9; 08-09-2012 at 07:33 PM.
vincentek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
bubblehide

It looks like a composite rod, which makes it a modern rod. My guess is it's an American Tackle as already pointed out, or an Advanced Tubular Composites rod. Either way a quality rod with ATC being a higher end rod compared to AT. Considering the components alone, you got a steal! The only question is, how does it fish?

On a last note, if it's a composite rod, you've likely underrated the line class.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
T Bone

Viper for sure.Thanks for the link.I am guessing it is the 7' 20-50# rod.It has a great action.Cant wait to hang a fish on it.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
T Bone

Site says its an aluminum treated Glass fabric and graphite.They even came up with a fancy name Texalium or something like that.