Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
DREAMS the rest of the story! But not the END

Some few of you know the story, it is NOW time to let the rest of our community in on it.

18 years ago I started working on a project in Baja, starting to build a place for my retirement. Got a slab built and a septic tank installed before my new wife decided she did not like it. I walked away. Jump forward to last year. I met ROBMONEY here on BWE. He had just returned from San Quintin. We talked and went together to San Quintin to help someone else who had a dream. Tony's dream was mothership trips to San Quintin. The 3 of us are actively working on that DREAM now. That was last November. After the Jan ASUNCION trip Rob started talking about one of his DREAMS. Getting a piece of property in Baja. Said he found a place in Gonzaga and needed a partner. Site un seen, I said yes.

Here is where it gets strange. I could not find it on google earth, he showed me video of the place. I had told him that years ago I started a project near there. Fast forward to last week!!! His project/DREAM is very close to my old project. How close you ask?

His project-his FRIENDS house-My old project are ALL NEXT DOOR to each other. It it not at Gonzaga but 10 miles north, on the beach north of Punta Bufeo. He did not know where he actually was until he checked his notes from the last trip, km 134. I finally put it all together the other night. I stayed in his friends trailer on my trips to build my DREAM 18 YEARS AGO.

We are going down with his friend who's GRAND FATHERS DREAM was the house in the middle of ours. On the 8-9th of Feb. To lease one or both places. That is not only KARMA but FATE. All because of four different DREAMS, of four seperate people, over many YEARS.

LUPE, the GRAND FATHER was instrumental in me getting started on my DREAM. I was visiting with a friend and met him on the beach there. He showed me the lot next door and offered to let me stay at his place while working on mine. Thus my DREAM started. We lost contact over the years. LUPE is going with us on the 8th of Feb.

DREAMS can come true, not always when we want, but FATE and KARMA are real. Do not be afraid to DREAM my friends. What goes around, comes around.
ALL of you, DREAM your DREAMS and stay true to yourself and your family and friends. And if YOU ever have the chance to help others with their DREAMS..........maybe a little of that GOOD KARMA will stick to you too.

I first sent this to five good friends, because we all have DREAMS, and you all deserve to attain them. Some of us already have. Tony, Rob, Lupe, Wade, William, you might not know each other now, but you will all meet in time. James, Sven, Janine, Jeff and Ross I hope that you too will come to realize YOUR DREAMS. Personally, I am very pleased to see you active in OUR community. Well done my friends.

To everyone else on BWE please join with us, your families and friends, DARE to DREAM. DREAMS can be realized. EVERY PERSON on BWE helped Rob and me to get to where we are now. Without BWE this story would have had a very different outcome. We hope you all enjoy the results of both our DREAMS and YOUR OWN. This IS NOT the end of our story, there are other DREAMS for us to follow and hopefully be a part of. DREAM ON EVERYONE!!!!!!

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
StinkyMatt

What a bunch of lucky guys...building houses in Baja....by the beach

Very cool story Bob.

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Great story indeed. Im just glad I could play a small part in it. I definitely wouldn't be making these moves without BWE and meeting MakoBob. Im looking forward to these Baja or Bust trips coming up!

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #4
Raskal311

There is nothing better than living the dream! Bob do you still own that original lot?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #5
RobFish
Massive Member

A very cool story Bob. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
There is nothing better than living the dream! Bob do you still own that original lot?
No, it was leased, but it looks like it is available again. Rob and I will work on getting His lot and go from there. Later I might try to get my hands on my old place, but as you said it is the same DREAM. And we all can share it.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
walrus

Bob, you have been doing a lot of work on Baja or Bust, Rady's, as well as other activities. In the process you made dreams real for other people, You deserved to have have one of your big dreams be real too.

The story you tell is inspiring. Thank you sir.

Last edited by walrus; 02-06-2014 at 10:58 AM.
walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
No, it was leased, but it looks like it is available again. Rob and I will work on getting His lot and go from there. Later I might try to get my hands on my old place, but as you said it is the same DREAM. And we all can share it.
Can't wait until I'm able to join you guys!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #9
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Dreams

Hey Mr Bob,

You are something else my friend. I'm so glad to have met you and I can't wait to get reacquainted with Baja! Thank you Bob, for believing in dreams. What kind of a Pisces would I be if I didn't dream!

J
Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
Deamon

Roberto de Baja...I'll be a part of a dream or two this year. Thank you. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
momo fish

way to go Bob... Keep the dream alive as it will inspire the rest to get off their lazy ass and make it happen as well... Can't wait to do the same years down the road...
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
YakAttak

Sweettttt. Thanks for sharing Bob
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
Zfish03

Awesome post, thanks Bob! We all have a choice in our destiny
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #14
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Tomorrow evening Rob and I will know! The rest of you will have to wait until Sunday evening or Monday to find out.
Matt, lucky guys YES! By the beach, NO. It is ON the beach, just a few yards from the Sea of Cortez.
Rob, you play a VERY BIG part in this, had we not met here on BWE my dream would have stayed dead.
Robfish, sharing is easy, the hard part is caring for others and finding a way to share that with strangers.
Wally, helping others realize their DREAMS, seems to help us get closer to our own.
Raskal, you are always welcome to join us. My step son was 4 when we went down here for the first time, he loved the beach.
Janine, DREAMS can become real if we work on them. ALL mermaids are DREAMERS!
Jim, Roberto de Baja, I like that. May all your DREAMS become real. Hope to get a chance to fish with you in paradise soon.
Momo fish, the longer you wait, the faster you need to work to make it a reality when the time is right.
Zfish, choices, right or wrong, for better or worse, we all have to make them, Baja was and is MY choice, good luck with YOURS.
Monday at the latest YOU will all know if BWE has a NEW camping spot. Wish us luck.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 02-07-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #15
buddha

Buena Suerte Senor Roberto de Baja although you won't need it.

I am sure you will find a nice place.

Cheers.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
FISH11

Great post Bob. Thanks for sharing. It gives all of us on BWE something to dream of and see how over time a lot of ones dreams do come true. We should all give more thanks for the good things that happen to us. I hope all your dreams come true. I see here all the time how much you put into all the charities and the BWE community and want to thank you for all your hard work and time. You where the first one to welcome me to this site on my first post. Tight lines Bob. Mark
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #17
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

This is what it looks like to achieve those dreams!

MakoBob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Happy Man.jpg (50.7 KB, 221 views)

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #18
Chuck D

LOVE IT! CONGRATS MAKOBOB AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS PARADISE WITH EVERYONE ELSE
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
battleborn

Congrats on finally making it happen. I have wanted to do exactly what your doing. Maybe I can pick your brains on the process in March. Heres to fate. Still planning.
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #20
makobob
Baitless on Baja

You are all welcome, take a minute to check out Baja or Bust under the community area. Look at Project Las Encantadas. Thank all of you.
Battleborn DREAMS are made, you are always welcome to pick my brains and others here have ton's of help to offer too. Just post your QUESTIONS.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN