Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-20-2023, 03:54 PM   #1
FISH11

Smile Solo Skiff at La Jolla 3-18-2023

After over 5 mo. of not making it to La Jolla due to weather and other factors, I found a short weather window and went out Saturday. I mostly avoid weekends, due to more marine traffic, but there was no way I was missing this window. The weather was great and the scenery as usual, just gorgeous. Found bait but ended up not using it as I decided to keep trolling while covering more water, in search of larger marks on the FF. Once in 43' of water I saw on the 7TI five or six large arches all stacked up from like 18' down to almost the bottom and was trolling the Nomad DTX right over them, but never got a hit. It felt SO Good to be on the water again. Can't wait for all these storms to pass and get back to the more normal weather patterns in San Diego. Thanks for watching. Tight Lines! . . . .
Old 03-22-2023, 07:21 PM   #2
Oolie
Headshots Only

Sounds like a golden opportunity for some keen vertical jigging. Works a peach when fish are ignoring bait.
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:03 AM   #3
FISH11

When I got back to the Cove area, I thought about going to deeper water and trying that. Unfortunately I need to get back, so not enough time. At landing there were some Kayaks that had landed before me and one had a Yellowtail, that he had said he foul hooked. I believe that is what he provably had been doing.
Old 03-23-2023, 02:52 PM   #4
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
When I got back to the Cove area, I thought about going to deeper water and trying that. Unfortunately I need to get back, so not enough time. At landing there were some Kayaks that had landed before me and one had a Yellowtail, that he had said he foul hooked. I believe that is what he provably had been doing.
It was a beautiful fish!
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:36 PM   #5
JohnMckroidJr

Always good to see you out on the water Mark. Vicariously enjoyed... another liked video -- Thanks.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:25 PM   #6
FISH11

Thanks John, we're still putting up with all the weird Weather patterns. Seems like, if there's a break in the surf or winds then it's like the last two days before this rain again. A real slack tide with very little water movement, doesn't make the fishing prospect good enough to make the long trip down to LJ. To be fair it's been more about the Freeway work that's been going on for months and has east bound I8 a real pain when they got it down to one lane for miles. Makes the trip home extra long because of the slow traffic. Can't wait to have some of those issues go away. Tight Lines!