Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2023, 06:52 PM   #1
TurtlePV
Junior

Returning forum member

What's up you fish obsessed whack jobs? I missed your scent.

I have been away from this forum and LJ yak scene for over a decade. I even had to create a fresh BWE account as mine was likely pronounced dead and rightfully deleted.

The fish itch has returned. I purchased an experienced 2012 PA14 last week and am gearing up for some time on the water.

I also see that North of the pier is now out of bounds. What else has changed? Are there still fish in LJ? Did I make a mistake?

I'll be ready to get out there soon and open to new fishing partners.

Let's go get 'em!

Tom
TurtlePV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:21 AM   #2
FISH11

Smile

Welcome back to BWE. Got your PM and hope, you got my reply. The reply section on the PM page doesn't always respond the way I'd like. The SMCA that starts about a hundred + yards South of the Scripps Pier and goes North to the Canyon with the Razor ( Alicia Keys) House, is an area that only allows bait to be caught. It like the Cove point are not anywhere as productive for making bait than it was a couple years ago. That said, it can be on some days. There's still a good amount of fish, but it depends on what you like to target. I long ago, got addicted, to Yellowtail. So I will often spend a whole day looking for them and not care too much if I don't catch anything. Many enjoy Calico Bass or Rockfish, those are still there, just not as many as before. It's and individual preference as to what you want. When I started, I made a promise to myself that the First thing on the list was to enjoy the beautiful scenery and time on the water. It's about being able to relax and let all the thoughts that pound around in your head, just melt away. If one gets all caught up in the Fishing and spends too much time frustrated, then what was the point of going out, in the first place. Make each the best day possible, for your own mental health. See you out there, Tom.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:37 PM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Welcome back to the forum, look forward to reading your future reports!
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote