Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2023, 05:22 AM   #1
YakHanded
Thread Killer - sorry

SoCal to Florida

Howdy bwe! Long time since posting, moved from Dana Point to Sarasota, Florida 2 years ago. Always love checking in here and living vicariously through all of the reports.

Noticed that reports and chat on this site have declined and figured I would throw up some photos of the 'new' fishing I've been getting into out here in Florida. The inshore fishing here in the bay and off the keys is a lot different than the inshore fishing we have back in CA. Lots of shallow grass flats and a lot of variety in the species. You can launch off the beach on the keys, paddle over 5 miles offshore and still be in < 40ft its crazy.

I miss tossing on a greenback and trolling for hours for the one bite, pounding the kelp for bass or dropping deep for rockfish. Miss the baja trips and the sea of cortez (first place I encountered some of these species we have out here.) but cruising the mangroves for jacks, snapper, snook, trout and redfish is a lot of fun. Lots of spanish macks, little tunas and cudas off the beach.

Hope all is well back in the promised land, look forward to seeing more reports from the old timers that I know are still out there in the plastic navy! Please reach out if any of you are coming to the west coast of FL!

Tight lines dudes.
Attached Images

YakHanded is offline   Reply With Quote