Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
My plan is to head out this Thr. with the IA offshore to see what I can see. I will be getting t0 LJ at 5, set up, try to make bait on the way out, then troll most the day out there to see what happens. Anyone else is welcome to join, I will have a sail so that means I may take off for bits on my own because I will be moving faster then most, but the more the merrier. Let me know if anyone wants to join, could be EPIC!
I am eyeballing a used AI for this reason. Would love the tandam island but there so much more $ hard to justify another yak when I have a tricked out PA
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #2
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

This is a great idea. I'm in.

I think we can get a bigger armada together if we plan for a Saturday or Sunday.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
Zed
BANNED

If youre looking for more people and more boats you should definitely charter a boat on the weekend w 75 of your closest then.

Since this is a discussion Im curious how you all see this going down. A dozen more or less strangers of varying abilities paddling/pedaling in a broken line to an unknown point on a map? A dozen guys racing to a birdschool and chucking iron at each other? Fanning out on 12differnent headings and keeping coms by radio? F it we're catchin tuna? Whats the plan?

One thing that I think got missed is awareness. Im not trying to be an arrogant internet prick. Im trying to share some experience. Just be aware. Log every single boat n bearing you see for 360deg into your mental radar and track them all conatantly. They all will be changing courses and speed chasing the same things you are and there are some idiots. Take commuting. You see some stupid shit on roads. Theres no lanes to follow out there and stupidity has no bounds. Keep your heads up and come up w a plan for the day and plan for when shit goes bad.

Ita a long summer. Lots of chances ahead.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Be prepared Check!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
Zed
BANNED

Good man. This forum needs more TP. Anyone have a Charmin contact? Ive seen some boats that need a few more sponsor decals.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
PapaDave

I am in the process of getting a 20ft boat, if things go according to plan, I wouldn't mind towing a couple of guys out there. Would need someone to man the boat while I was in the kayak though...

I don't have any Charmin contacts but I have a Sam's Club card... I buy in bulk.