Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Merry Christmas to someone!

OK all... here is the smokin' deal of the Century!

I am selling ALL of my kayak fishing gear! I have Rubbermaid containers full of everything from batteries and switches, to large amounts of gear and tackle. I even have an entire case of never used 12V10ah batteries. $2800 takes EVERYTHING! I have irons, plastics, approximately 1200' of brand new red power pro, and tons of tackle and tackle containers and bags, knifes, ceramic knifes, dive knives, extra kayak hardware, battery chargers, waders, splash jacket, 2 pfd's, bait nets, bilge pumps, Hobie rod extenders, 4 or 5 flush mount holders, 10 (1 season of use) Hoop net set ups, and lots of extra glowsticks, floats, and hoop net line. SS shark leaders, fluorocarbon, jigs, etc. WAAAYYYY to much to list, take my word for it you will not get a better deal on an ENTIRE kayak set-up!
The kayak is a 2010 Hobie Outback with bait tank, extra flush mount holders, extra bait tank holders, turbo fins, sailing rudder, 2 Lowrance fish finders, including the new HDS 5 with Nautical insight AND the Navionics Fish-n-chip! Seriously buy it and resell it for extra $ if you want; It is that good of a deal, come look and see, and you will understand how good this really is!
No Trades! And, buyer will get EVERYTHING! Except rod and reel combos.
I even have a great fish freezer for sale too!
No holds, no reservations, just first one to my house gets it all! BWE gets two days before I have to CL it.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
maui jim

Looks like LJ is geeting less crowded.....
Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
deepdvr

Hey Chuck, how about a pic of that yellow you got earlier in the year aboard that yak? Show off the yak mojo and the donk of the season
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words and PM's... but just to clear any misconceptions... I am not getting another PB. And if I did, I probably would not be in LJ much... My family and I are moving to a high rise in downtown SD, so I would need to pay for yak storage, and find a way to wash down my yak and gear, find a way to transport it, (car won't fit in underground parking with rack), My Doc said no more eating most local fish and lobster (gout and kidney stones), MPA closures make already crowded fishing even worse, and a number of other reasons. I will miss it, but I am still out there in heart! I might even borrow a sled and visit on occasion. Besides the wife said I can take more charters to Cabo and PV, so it isn't like I am not getting anything out of this!

Eric, thanks for the vote of confidence, and for always having a friendly word and smile to all those yaks out there on the water and off! I had two personal bests this season from the yak, personal best Mako and YT. But pics just bring criticism, and no pics bring criticism, so I will just remain anonymous, and say mum. I just wish my bug season had gone better! If any one is interested in knowing that the yak officially attracts fish, I can provide pics... and I will even throw in some vacuum sealed samples.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

SOLD...
Congratulations to Cioppino on the deal of a lifetime!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
cioppino

Thanks Handyman!!!!

I have just started going through everything and had no idea how much gear I was getting! I cant even begin to thank you enough. Its great to get set up with a kayak again.

Good luck with the move!
cioppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Handymansd
Ancient Member

My pleasure! I am glad it is all going to a great guy that appreciates the sport! And besides, there is now 1000# of gear I don't have to move!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Schmitthappens
Junior

I am hoping

I am buying a couple lottery tickets on my way home from work today, if they hit I will call you asap.

Dave
Schmitthappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
lbsurf2ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by cioppino View Post
Thanks Handyman!!!!

I have just started going through everything and had no idea how much gear I was getting! I cant even begin to thank you enough. Its great to get set up with a kayak again.

Good luck with the move!
Any thoughts on selling one of the fish finders?
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
cioppino

The Hds-5 is not up for sale. I do have a lowrance x50ds and a Hummingbird Matrix 27.

The Lowrance unit is a very basic FF. $75

The Matrix 27 has a GPS antanae, water temp sensor, and transducer. This unit does not have the cartography but will mark waypoints and tracks. Its sonar works great too. Just a good realiable FF/gps combo. If you want to see pics I can email them to you. $175

I am going to post up some of the extra items for sale soon. These two being part of that.

hb27.jpg
cioppino is offline   Reply With Quote