Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
Fishwhisperer619

Lower Otay 3/1

The rain was coming down pretty hard overnight but that didnt scare me off, i was determined to hit the water and battle hard to get some bass. My thinking going in was to rig up the spinnerbaits to mimic a scattering baitfish looking for cover, bouncing it off tree branches, throwing them deep into the tulees and working them out, and targeting heavily vegetated areas for the hidden bass waiting for the ambush. Lesson of the day was finish retreiving the lure ALL THE WAY back to me. I had a cast that only went about 15ft from me cause the braid to leader knot hung up on the tip guide and dramatically shortened my cast with the spinning setup. As im reeling it in i had a fairly decent sized bass follow it almost all the way back to me but i pulled it out of the water before giving it a chance to bite. Smh. Switched to the baitcaster with the larger spinner and started pulling it through heavy cover and wham! Pulled up a 3# and the day officially began. Started moving around to similar areas like that one to see if thats where they are hanging out and sure enough i catch two more 3 pounders and a 2 pounder before deciding to call it a day. Rain didnt bothr me too much, i actualky enjoyed it. But the wind really picked up after 11 and thats when i knew my day was coming to a close. Dont have any pictures, the rain+wet hands=uncooperative touch screen phone lol.
Oh! And on a side note, as i was on my way to where i planned on fishing i marked two HUGE fish on the ff. It was about 20ft deep and one was a full arch and the other was a 3/4 arch, im told that the 3/4 arches are catfish? Either way it made me excited to start what was a really great day on the water
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote