Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
MrPatrick

I pulled a Gustafson!

Gustafson: to place fish dead fish somewhere so that they will rot and stink up an area. As in; Gustafson put dead fish in Goldmans car in "Grumpy Old Men".
Caught two large Sandies on Memorial day that were given away at the launch. Cleaned up the yak and crate at the beach....... all seemed well. Two days later, to quote Goldman, "Phewwwwww"! Clean the yak again, check the crate and they seem ok. Yet still........"Phewwwww".
I decided to turn the crate over and there they were.............................................. .................... lizard fish that the big sandie must have. Cleaned the crate and Febreezed the garage. Starting to get better today.
Anyone else have a "Gustafson" story they are willing to share? I know I can't be alone.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
fishinkid2010

My box of bait squid slid to the back of my kayak last month, without me knowing. I did not realize that, until about a week later when I check the inside of my kayak, which was in the rafters, to try and find a knife I was missing. I wasn't able to put my head inside the hatch for more than a second to look. Even after several washes, the kayak still has an interesting aroma to it.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Lets_Fish

Try some bleach. It worked for me. Oh if you use gulp bait, make sure they are sealed completely. They STINK!
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
old_rookie

Not fish, but sea life related. Was collected sea shells with my youngest. Thought they looked cool so I put them in a glass jar and left it on the counter. A few days later my wife had to throw it out - turned out one of the shells was closed with something living, well, it was living, inside it.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
fknricter

i think nate and forrest got some bacon and things in their yaks a few years back before they made the drive home! (wasnt me!! haha)
fknricter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
Jimmyz123

The Gulp bait things can really stink up your bag, car, or whatever. I've made that mistake. Also make sure to put the lid on your UniButter when you are done with it, now that makes a royal stink.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
batty1of3

left a gulp bucket sitting on its side and then left my car out in the sun that stuff seeps when the bucket heats up now my car has a very nice baity smell to it

ohh and make sure there is not gulp juice on your hands if you decide to pick your nose
batty1of3 is offline   Reply With Quote