Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
buddha

Malone Kayak Cart vs Wheeleez?

Anyone have first hand knowledge of the malone kayak cart and how it compares to the wheeleez?

http://www.amazon.com/Malone-Racks-C.../dp/B00DS4LUZO
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

I have sold a few, never heard any reviews either way, about $100 cheaper than Wheelez KCB
Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
buddha

http://www.wheeleez.com/kayak-cart-beach.php
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
igotpron
Xcoastie

I know the wheeleeze cart is badass. Pull a fully loaded pro angler across the sand with minimal effort..
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #5
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

They work fine on pavement, packed sand, gravel and cobble but they absolutely suck in soft sand. The wheels tend to plow rather than float on top. Bought one, used it for a week and never touched it again. Still have it in storage and would be happy to sell it for half price after that glowing endorsement.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
FISH11

I just got one recently and haven't had to use it much yet. I usually just drive onto La Jolla Shores launch, but last week with the king tides the sand had a 15" drop from the street and it was barricaded. So I had to use the Malone Never Go Flat tire cart. The sand was firm by the water and softer close to the street. It pulled so easy it was so nice as compared to the other carts I have used. I have not had to use it in the deep and really soft sand yet, that is why I bought it. The regular cart wheels just dig a trench and feel like it would be easier to just drag the kayak without any cart in the deep sand. I do know the wheeleez would not work for me because at my house I have already had flat tires on the other carts, due to goats head thorns from some tree or bushes in the area, that get blown onto my back yard driveway. I hope they will work better in the soft sand than rossman says. I only use it at HOW events and tournaments at both bays. I had been watching then for a month or more and the day I decided to buy then on EBay from Spots Authority they dropped the price from $143 to $115 so it was even more of a bargain then.

Last edited by FISH11; 01-04-2016 at 09:21 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #7
tamddo714

I have the wheelez cart and never hesitate to hull my whole setup through soft sand. It's definitely worth the money for sand wheels. I think Malone sells their own version of the balloon sand wheels or some other company does. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:37 AM   #8
Rambo

They made me a believer of the wheelez, full load PA14 no problem thru sand, grass, cement, and pavement. Gotta give it to these balloon wheels that could distribute the heavy kayak weight load and have a larger surface area contact to make moving the load feel like it float across the terrains.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #9
Mahigeer

If you have to carry them on kayak with you, it seems they are too big.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #10
octico

Go with Wheelz, I know they are pricey, but you cannot go wrong with them.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #11
Jim Sammons LJKF

I LOVE my Malone trailer and these wheels are great on hard pack. I thought they would float up on the soft sand but all they really do is push a ton of sand. I was very disappointed in them on the soft sand.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote