Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
captnblood34

Children's Pool LJ

Final ruling on Friends of the children's pool v. City of San Diego in our favor. Beach closure was illegal and is overturned. It's ok crazy seal lady... You had a good run...

Jay
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post
Final ruling on Friends of the children's pool v. City of San Diego in our favor. Beach closure was illegal and is overturned. It's ok crazy seal lady... You had a good run...

Jay
Appeals have not been exhausted yet, I think.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #3
FISH11

FU** appeals. it's long over due that some dumb ass judge realize that seals do not have more right than people and especially a section of beach that was improved by Ellen Scripps and donated to the State of California with the explicit understanding that it was to be for the use of "The Children", not fuc*n seals. When I was a kid I used to swim and play there and lived 1 1/2 blocks away. Seal were in there area but kept to them selves in more remote areas that are much harder to get into by humans. They did just fine for thousands of year. This Monday while fishing in La Jolla after loosing my 7th mac to a fuc*n seal in less then 3 hours. I had a strong urge to go to the Children's pool and waste every single seal on that beach. How awesome it would be to have someone go onto the sand and waste then all with an AR. Fuc* those stupid tourist and the Fuc*n Mayor for keeping the rest of us from the beach. If they want to keep people out, than the beach should be returned to it's original state of unimproved and remove all wall, walkways and the life guard tower, till there is no trace there was ever anything there.

Last edited by FISH11; 05-04-2016 at 05:41 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Holy shit Mark, time on the water is supposed to calm the mind not drive you to mass sea.lion eradication.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:55 AM   #5
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Which lawsuit had a ruling?

Banning humans from access to the beach or a handicap ramp, or something else? Did it have anything to do with getting rid of the seals, or is that not the issue?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
taggermike

Dang Fish11, dont take it personally, they're just animals doing what they do. Also I'm about sure its sea lions stealing your baits. Its harbor seals on the beach at the childrens pool.

I agree 100% this legal nonsence over the children's pool has gone on way to long. Children's pool is a man made place, not any sort of natural habitat.

The seal Nazi women have got to loosing their crazy ass minds right now. I hope they don't start chaining them selves to the rail and blocking the stairs.

A couple years ago I struck up a conversation at their so called information booth. She went in to her sales pitch; seals have been pupping on this beach for 1000s of year yadda yadda. I pointed out the beach hasn't been here that long. But they were here before the beach she said. I then point to the grizzly bear on the CA flag flying near by n told her that bears used to frequent the coast looking to scavenge washed up marine mammels. (And coyotes, cougars, n native americans) so there was absolutely no possible way a seal would or could birth a pup any where with access to land. Wow Talk about nasty looks.

Sorry to ramble but I wanted to show the level of ignorance of this seal group. 1st amendment is for all but they've had years to preach their side. Hope they run em out of there.
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #7
ctfphoto

As someone who has been personally cursed at by the Seal Lady and her cohorts, I sure hope they open it up to the kids ..... but at the same time, obeying the Marine Mammal Protection Act and giving the seals their personal space.

The seal lady cursed at me as I shot this ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZR7U0947_ps.jpg (70.0 KB, 173 views)
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #8
FISH11

Sorry guys if I sounded a little hostile toward the sea lions, and yes I know the difference of which they are and were they are. It just felt good to release a little of the pent up frustration over the Children's Pool legal situation. As I stated before having been a child enjoying the Children's Pool many years ago and then seeing the BS we've had for way too many years now. It really isn't the seals or sea lions fault that we have idiots in our legal and political system. If they stopped keeping humans from using the beach year round then both would adjust. The seals and sea lions are not endangered and do not need any protection. As a matter of fact Sea World helping over 1,000 pups last year is not helping the balance of nature and the availability of food for them.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #9
RK

Poor Andrea she must be devastated......
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #10
Baja_Traveler

Went on a job to Finland a few years back and while cruising the Helsinki harbor found a booth selling harbor seal skin hats. Man O' Man I wanted to buy one of those and wear it to the seal lady's booth!
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #11
momo fish

Maybe she can move up to Carpinteria since we have a similar area that is closed right now to the public and the people guarding it are as zealous as the LJ guards... You can't even ride your bike along the path on the cliff which is high above the beach in case they hear you ...
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #12
ctfphoto

My take away was the main motivation of the seal lady was ...... DONATIONS !!!!!!!!....

..... just saying ....

someones got to pay all those administration fees......

....... and of course for her to hang out at the beach everyday, pretty good set up. My bet is she cares more about MONEY than Harbor Seals.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #13
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnblood34 View Post

Jay
Here's the Court Ruling dated May 3rd 2016
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Childrens Pool Ruling.pdf (988.9 KB, 61 views)
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #14
Hunters Pa

Maybe that big ol' rotting whale carcass in San Clemente should be moved to her yard, since it is "natural". Or to Laguna since they are all for the "natural" state of their coastline...Except it is OK to truck in sand, and have leaky septic tanks, etc.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #15
BIG JOAQUIN

...so can we launch kayaks there just for fun now? Seal lady will love that right?
BIG JOAQUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #16
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JOAQUIN View Post
...so can we launch kayaks there just for fun now? Seal lady will love that right?
OOOHHHH!!!! Maybe this needs to be the site of the next tournament!!!
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #17
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Is the Seal Lady/Cohorts on the side of the city making a seasonal blockade to public access, or on the side of the Friends of the Children's Pool who sued to prevent the city from blocking public access?
Old 05-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #18
jorluivil

Mark.............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61YBJ-jV9bL._SX522_.jpg (35.5 KB, 102 views)

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #19
ful-rac
Emperor

Yeah man!

You get angry when your hungry!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #20
FISH11

Talking

Yeah, I guess that was a "Snickers" moment. Almost nothing riles me up as much as the issues with the Children's Pool. I like the idea of having a tournament that launches from the beach at the Children's Pool.