Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2022, 01:22 PM   #1
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Dana Point - 08-13-2022

So, now that I've retired I'm going to try to post some videos. This one is kind of a trial, let me know if you see something I can improve on...

https://studio.youtube.com/video/9YOFzCtn4b8/edit
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr
Senior Member
 
JohnMckroidJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,474
Hey Dave,

Welcome to retirement! The link won't open. It looks like it might have been in some sort of edit mode when you pasted it on here.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:23 PM   #3
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Hey Dave,

Welcome to retirement! The link won't open. It looks like it might have been in some sort of edit mode when you pasted it on here.
Indeed, here's the real one...

https://youtu.be/9YOFzCtn4b8

Must have copied it from the wrong menu.
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:31 PM   #4
JohnMckroidJr
Senior Member
 
JohnMckroidJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,474
Congrats on your first youtube kayak fishing video in what looks to be about 7 years. Those were some nice bass, Congratulations! As a suggestion for future videos, show what you are using to catch fish in more detail. Not just the rig, but what kind of bait, how it is hooked and how it is being presented to the fish. Good luck with your next one...

Last edited by JohnMckroidJr; 08-18-2022 at 10:55 PM.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Congrats on your first youtube kayak fishing video in what looks to be about 7 years. Those were some nice bass, Congratulations! As a suggestion for future videos, show what you are using to catch fish in more detail. Not just the rig, but what kind of bait, how it is hooked and how it is being presented to the fish. Good luck with your next one...
I will certainly add that info, thank you.
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:35 PM   #6
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter
 
MITCHELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Posts: 1,599
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I liked 👍 the video

And also curious if you bought bait or caught it. Not sure if I was seeing a small mackerel or a sardine.
Ugg curious how you weather through flipping a PA17 T did you get in shoreline to Tight, would like to hear the details on that. Big kayak was it a double. I flipped my cobra fish and dive to many times to count in la Jolla.
I'm kind of soured on making videos, I paid over $ 700 for a cam recorder that I lost with a home brake in and insurance valued it way under what I paid for it and it was brand new.
Sick of buying new electronics
and it becomes obsolete in a couple of years.
A couple of months ago I was thinking of fishing dana pt. Never fished there before, had a couple of questions on BWE that I asked, but got no response from any members. So I said F,it....
__________________
Duke Mitchell

Last edited by MITCHELL; 08-20-2022 at 03:14 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 12:56 PM   #7
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch
 
daperrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 184
Those were some huge fish. Still trying to hook one of those big DP Calicos. Do you just troll along at a medium pace?
__________________
David P

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVXltL4cXYWpqv75QKPGQMg
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
A couple of months ago I was thinking of fishing dana pt. Never fished there before, had a couple of questions on BWE that I asked, but got no response from any members. So I said F,it....
I bought the bait at the receiver, sardines, on the large side. I must have missed your post, I've answered a couple of post asking about DP. What questions do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daperrin View Post
Those were some huge fish. Still trying to hook one of those big DP Calicos. Do you just troll along at a medium pace?
I drift over areas, sometimes down at the bottom, which accounted for three of the fish, and sometimes fly lined, which accounted for the others, it kind of depends on what I'm seeing on the FF. I rarely troll for anything, and if I do it's usually on the way out or back, and I use a rapala or similar, or a mackerel if I get one.
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #9
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter
 
MITCHELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Posts: 1,599
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
I bought the bait at the receiver, sardines, on the large side. I must have missed your post, I've answered a couple of post asking about DP. What questions do you have?



I drift over areas, sometimes down at the bottom, which accounted for three of the fish, and sometimes fly lined, which accounted for the others, it kind of depends on what I'm seeing on the FF. I rarely troll for anything, and if I do it's usually on the way out or back, and I use a rapala or similar, or a mackerel if I get one.
Just wondering if there's a save area to sleep in your truck close to the launch after fishing. Besides the camping areas at Doheny state beach and don't want to pay for a motel. Walmart let's you use there parking lot. To rest.
__________________
Duke Mitchell
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:41 PM   #10
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter
 
MITCHELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Posts: 1,599
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Coffee ☕️ 3am....

Afternoon nap 3pm you might say.
__________________
Duke Mitchell
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:20 AM   #11
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Just wondering if there's a save area to sleep in your truck close to the launch after fishing. Besides the camping areas at Doheny state beach and don't want to pay for a motel. Walmart let's you use there parking lot. To rest.
There is a Walmart fairly close, in San Clemente. Anywhere near the harbor is restricted for parking overnight as far as I know. There is public parking next to the launch area that you might get away with but again, I'm not sure.

Where are you coming from?
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:22 AM   #12
PapaDave
Senior Member
 
PapaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Afternoon nap 3pm you might say.
So you're looking for a nap area in the afternoon? You could just stay in the launch ramp area parking. It's $15 to get in, launch and park for 24 hours, you should be able to sneak a nap in...
__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish...
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:42 PM   #13
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter
 
MITCHELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Posts: 1,599
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
So you're looking for a nap area in the afternoon? You could just stay in the launch ramp area parking. It's $15 to get in, launch and park for 24 hours, you should be able to sneak a nap in...
Thanks from San Diego
__________________
Duke Mitchell

Last edited by MITCHELL; 08-24-2022 at 02:38 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #14
Oolie
Headshots Only
 
Oolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 296
I like the Shemawg.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
To those that share thank you, to those that don't fine by me, to those that whine about people not posting but have no fish reports of their own to share..............GO FISH!!!!!!
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.