Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Hypoxic1

Another great day in La Jolla

After having gone 0 for 4 yesterday on nice strikes with sizeable fish today turned out to be my day.

Made 9 mackeral at the usual spot then went to THE place to give it a troll. After a nice long soak my biggest mackeral gets hit and the fish runs.....and runs.....and is gone. My leader knots were terrible and so everything had to be retied. A few mackeral get lost to the seals which is the typical La Jolla tax for fishing there right?

so I put a fresh strong mackeral on and drop him in ....hes running like hell from the second he hits the water.......then .......BAM ! he gets hit like a freight train and I finally am engaged with a substantial fish....for the first time on a kayak.

Fish makes 3 runs or so and the neighborhood dog notices that im a little busy so he comes over for a look.....Cool I think ,, gonna lose this one too. Suddenly the fish sees the dog and goes apeshit.....straight out towards open water......nice fishy. I managed to get him stopped and he managed to avoid the seal long enough for me to get him to the boat. as Im looking down at the fish next to the kayak a brown mass is shooting up from the depths at what seems light speed. So just reached down behind the gills and pulled fish out within seconds of having lost him to the neighborhood hound.
I called out to Josh to show him that I had actually finally avoided the skunk on good size fish and he was kind enough to come over and help me secure the fish to the back deck for the ride home. Not wanting to sound like a broken record here but that man has improved my technique, fishing skills and batting average. Anyone wanting to improve their fishing skills should definately look him up.

The fish was no monster but weighed in at 18.8 on a digital scale
heres a pic
Tight lines
Chris Lewis
Attached Images

Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote