Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Foamer
Junior

La Jolla Friday 2-26-09

I launched eary at 4:00 and headed out to the squid boats. My squid jig only produced one squirter. I switched to my sabiki and was able to get 6 more. I fished out deeper for nothing. On the way back in I ran into Flat Fish who was hooked on a large ray.
[IMG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr141/foamer_photo/085.jpg
Foamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
1Flatfish
Wayne

Bat Ray

Thanks for posting this photo, Foamer. It was nice meeting you out there. This was not my proudest moment. Foul hooked too! I knew right away that it wasn't a yellowtail, but I thought maybe a black sea bass. But it was not to be. I didn't even know these guys were out there. My arms and back are still sore. He was big though. A recent post on another site shows a bat ray considerably smaller than this and the weight was estimated to be 80 lbs. If that's the case, this guy must be well over 100! I don't know. Any guesses by just seeing one wing?

Wayne

Last edited by 1Flatfish; 02-27-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
1Flatfish is offline   Reply With Quote