Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #21
TJones

Didn't take me long

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
I bought some of these to protect the stockingfeet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them for walking to and from the truck; and i don't wear them when I'm on the water. Shove them somewhere convenient on the bait tank or wherever.
to burn o hole through stocking foot on a brand new set of waders riding an outback.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #22
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
to burn o hole through stocking foot on a brand new set of waders riding an outback.
Oh do the hobie pedals chafe through neoprene?

#pedalproblems lol
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #23
hshhdhebeb
Junior

frogg toggs

[QUOTE=TJones;309643]for a hot summer day to protect your skin from the sun's rays while atop a PA, after you have made it through the surf with your waders. Waders undoubtably are like wearing a trash bag and board shorts don't offer any protection from the sun. I think a big part of it, is what kind of kayak you are riding on. Is it a wet ride? Personally I prefer staying dry as possible. Try the frogg toggs hellbender stocking foot waders. They are a Amazons choice. I currently own a pair. It won't break the bank either at around 90$. Also, it is recommended to put on some sort of gravel guard or dive boot atop the wader stocking foot. This will extend the life of the wader. The dive boot should run slightly larger to fit the stocking foot booty. A good boot is around 30$. Stick with the low cuff. This will allow an easy on and off fit. 2mm boot is plenty thick.[/QUOTE
I found frogg toggs to be poor quality, tear easily.
hshhdhebeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #24
captainbarky
Junior

I’m happy with my setup. For the past year I’ve been wearing quick dry pants (commando), simms waders, and Olukai shoes (1 size larger) to wear with the waders. If it’s hot, I only wear the waders to get in/out of the surf. The Olukais are comfy and because they’re only 1 size larger, they work well on the pedals if I’m only wearing the quick dry pants.
captainbarky is offline   Reply With Quote