Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
forefrazier

OK Trident Forward Flush Mounts

I am going to be adding a couple flush mounts to the front area of my Trident 15. Would like some input on which area is best:

1. On either side of the sonar shield
2. Just forward of that area on the top deck (too long of reach?)

Also, what is the best angle for trolling? I have seen guys with rods all different ways...angled forward, straight side and angled back like the rear ones. Obviously want to have plenty of room for the paddle stroke and still be able to reach them on a strike.

Trident guys please let me know if you use forward flush mounts to troll at all and your experience (Sammons, Moyer, Matt, Bellcon, Jason, Siebler or any other Trident owners)

Thanks,
Steve
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
Siebler

I doubt youll be able to reach them all the way forward so i would put them next to the Sonar Shield.

This Angle worked great for me, Pretty much straight out.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
CandyCatcher

CJ - Sick Looking Trident!!

Whats the item where the cup holder used to be? I cant tell what it is....

Internal bait tank?
CandyCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

yep it's a kayatank!

As far as the forward holders go I use them when halibuting....so needless to say they don't get a whole lotta use... and they are on either side of the "fish bowl" or sonar shield and are still a bit of a reach and I have long arms, but on the brightside it definitely prevents you from setting the hook to quickly!!

As far as trolling goes in general I have 4 rod holders for trolling in the back, 2 going almost straight back and 2 kicking out to the side and I use them all at one point or another for trolling, I tend to leave my flylline angled out and my weighted rig generally goes in the slightly angled rod holder and has worked fairly well.

You can also put 2 straight up and down flush mounts in the flat rail section next to the tankwell area, I like having alot of options when it comes to rod holders, as almost anyone can attest too if you have seen any of my boats.

Good luck and enjoy the boat, nice to see some one not going all pedally!

And don't ask Moyer...he's too busy to fish!hahahahaha