Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
sasha

Can you give away your fish???
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
rhyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
Can you give away your fish???

Yes you can gift your fish but not sell them, If you go fishing and catch a WSB and right now the limit being one you could not go out tomorrow and catch another and legally keep it. However if you lets say live with someone else wife, kids, parents, etc. You can give them the fish and catch another not problem.

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyak View Post
Yes you can gift your fish but not sell them, If you go fishing and catch a WSB and right now the limit being one you could not go out tomorrow and catch another and legally keep it. However if you lets say live with someone else wife, kids, parents, etc. You can give them the fish and catch another not problem.
WSB limit of 1 is only between March 15 - June 15. Feel free to kill 3 biscuits until then.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
kantstudien

Anti's pretending to be F&G?

Or a case of "sour grapes" to justify to himself why he couldn't cajole you out of a fish?

And if he was DFG I'm sure he would have been a very nice guy until you broke the law. Then I'm sure Hyde would have showed up.

This place is for people who don't fish:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-pescador-...:fish%20market
kantstudien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
j mo

It's La jolla...
Try landing with with a WSB or YT on deck durring the high tourist season or a long weekend with sunshine . You will be hit with every question you could possibly imagine and some you couldn't; "where did you get that?" "is that real?" and if its a YT you will most certainly be asked if its for "sale".

I would hope that our tax dollars aren't going to undercover agents trying to buy calicos, but this is California so you never know...
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

There are plenty of poachers that target undersize fish, out of season, for the purpose of selling it.

It's sad but true.... and catching these poachers is not easy!

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
ctfphoto

Last week a guy and his wife (I think) asked to buy my fish at the launch site.

Second time this has happened to me.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
madncrzydm

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
It's La jolla...
Try landing with with a WSB or YT on deck durring the high tourist season or a long weekend with sunshine . You will be hit with every question you could possibly imagine and some you couldn't; "where did you get that?" "is that real?" and if its a YT you will most certainly be asked if its for "sale".

I would hope that our tax dollars aren't going to undercover agents trying to buy calicos, but this is California so you never know...
Hoping i do get my first YT soon when i start getting asked stupid questions i start giving stupid answers. I think i will carry a duck call on me and tell them i caught it using this special YT call.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
taggermike

Landing with a fish after noon in the summer can be a PITA. I've heard of people getting irate and screaming abuse at yakkers or spearos landing with fish. Mostly I get the usualls that j mo mentioned. I've gotten the "come on over for sushi" comment several time. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote