Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-25-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
jfishvargas92392
Junior

Fish finder- Lowrance elite Ti-2

What are your experiences with this fish finder? I’m planning on getting the 9 inch for the kayak.

I don’t see anywhere that we are able to change frequencies, from high to low frequencies. Any feedback? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfishvargas92392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
jfishvargas92392
Junior

Sorry, meant to put this on the discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfishvargas92392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #3
chris138
donkey roper

Its great. You can easily change the frequencies in the sonar settings menu. Highy recommend.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
Revoguys

To be honest I just got a lowrance hook2 series and not a fan of it. Garmin and Simrad way more user friendly. Garmin screen is a bit smaller depending which you buy but very plug and play and don’t have to change many settings. Good luck with yours
Revoguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
good vibes
Junior

I was very unhappy with lowrance hook reveal and switched to Lowrance elite Ti2 with HDS transducer, much much better and more user friendly. Great for inshore fishing in La Jolla, even shows bottom of 600 foot canyon. I had trouble seeing anything deeper than 100 feet with transducer for hook reveal
good vibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
FISH11

I've have several friends that bought the HOOK series and all have problems. What I've seen is even thought Lowrance claims it's very user friendly, my opinion is the HOOK series SUCKS. I have owned the Elite TI for over 4 year. First I bought the 5" TI and had it for 6 months, but the touch screen was having problem, so I returned it to West Marine and used the extended warranty I purchased to get my money back and buy the 7" TI. I did not want the Total scan (side scan), because I did not want that very large transducer protruding down below my Hobie Revo 13 hull. So I purchased the model with the down scan transducer. It has 83/200 and 400/800 frequencies. I love how it works and now the newer model is the TI2. Asides from it having wi-fi network, I am not sure of any other improvements. I would recommend the Elite TI2 or the HDS models. The thing is, that means the price range is above $500 to $1200. Regardless of the brand I don't think there is a Fish Finder with GPS, that is worth it unless you spend more than $500. I used to own several Elite 4 models with GPS and they were awesome, but no one make anything decent for under $500. My old (over 7 years old) HDS5 50/200 that I still have on my Malibu kayak is still better than anything cheap. If you are going to fish mostly Saltwater don't get side scan. Even down scan is only good under 120' in depth. In fresh water lakes it's a different ball game the scans are much more detailed over the sonar frequencies. Hope it helps.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #7
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Somehow this thread morphed into a diss session on the Hook 2. Add me to the list. When I fish with Mark, (Fish11) I can easily tell that his Elite is far better than my Hook2. The biggest complaint is that while the Elite can display multiple screens at the same time, the Hook 2 toggles between the screen options, repainting a new screen every time.

I got a great deal on my Hook 2 but sometimes you get what you pay for.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
Gflann

I have a Hook Reveal with the HDI Skimmer transducer. No serious complaints yet. I like having a split screen option. I’ve fished as deep as 250’ and have been able to pick up a hard bottom and fish. But I’m not here to promote it over the other Lowrance units because I only have experience with my Hook Reveal. I was pretty uneducated on fish finders when I was shopping for one so I went to Fast Lane and they recommended the Hook Reveal that they were carrying.

Last edited by Gflann; 12-09-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Gflann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
Flounder

I have the ti1 in 7” and it’s awesome. Huge step up from my striker 4. Totalscan etc. leaving in on my pa12. Just picked up a garmin 94sv for my pa14 over the ti2 9” deal. Ti2 was 599 and94sv was 699. I might get panoptix it his summer
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote