Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Lets_Fish

Dana Point Friday September 16th

Made plans to fish DP last Friday prior to my niece's wedding on Saturday. Headed out with the wagon loaded 7:30ish from the house and arrived at Baby Beach around 9ish after breakfast with my wife. The water at the back of the harbor was greenish, but once I made my way to the entrance I was hit with that beautiful red tide half way between the bridge and the bait barge.

Since I was only planning on a few hours in the water I decided to fish for bait. Was able to hook one brown bait in the harbor so I headed out for some mac's. Just outside I hooked two 6" macs and headed to the pipe.

Once I reached the pipe I dropped the brown bait for a few drifts for nada. Tossed the brown for one of the mac I had next. After approximately an hour over the pipe I decided to head in on a slow drift back to the harbor.

I tossed the first mac for the replacement mac and on the slow drift I was getting a few hits on the mac and then BAM! Hookup for like 5 seconds with total bendo on the rod then pop! What ever it was it took the entire mac and my hook and about 6" of line.

Back to the beach by 1pm. Even though no fish other than bait were caught, still a fun day on the water.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
PapaDave

Sounds like you had fun. Gotta like Dana for that "you never know what you will get" experience.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote