Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion

Old 11-15-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
Tandem Assassin

ONE LAST TIME AT LAKE DECKER, TX

My son and I are moving to Bryan, TX in 2 weeks so we hit up Decker Lake for one last time at 8:30 on Saturday.

The lake was about 3' lower then last visit and the launch ramp had 25 trailers parked there. It looked like everyone was fishing the northside of the lake so we went to the west corner to do a little hydrilla fishing ripping swim jigs over 2'-3' deep water satutared with hydrilla.

All I can say is we had 5 of the most intense blow ups I have ever witnessed. All 12' to 15' from the boat as we were getting ready to pull the jigs in for another cast.

The beast in the first picture missed on his first attempt and ingulfed the jig a second latter! We had 5 solid hits, landed 3 and tried to bounce a 7 pounder on the boat and lost him in about one hour of fishing.

Everything else had been hit so went home at 10:00 and had the boat washed and in the garge by 10:45.

Now we are moving to god's country, going a to be a Aggie fan and become a Lake Summerville assassin....
F2.jpg
My kids a stick - he lost a 7lb toad earlier trying to bounce him on the deck..

F1.jpg

F.jpg

Last edited by Tandem Assassin; 11-15-2021 at 10:17 AM.
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Nice looking Bass! Good luck on your move.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:19 AM   #3
monkeyfishturds

I love reading and seeing your pictures of fishing in Texas. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:51 AM   #4
TightLine
Junior

Nice catch. I lived in Texas and Arkansas for 9 years and used to catch giant bass. Now that I live in Toronto for the last 23 years, don't catch those big boys anymore. Bass don't get that big here up north due to lake freezing over winter. While I still do a few big largies, I call be lucky if I get a smallie that is over 3 lb
TightLine is offline   Reply With Quote