Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
fishdude

Fish Report?

With all this beautiful weather we are having has anyone been out on the water lately? WORK, WORK,WORK is killing me. Have not seen any reports lately, just wondering, not looking for info on where you caught, how deep ,what you were using, just looking for a report.
On another thought it seems when there are no reports it just might be going off. I think a feel a sick day coming on

Thanks in advance for any reports
Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
aguachico

I fished yesterday evening. I didn't catch anything. Not many people. Lots squid boats. Lots of bait in the water.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
dorado50

You know the best fishing report is the first-hand fishing report. One should get out on the water and see what's out there instead of seeing a second-hand report telling when & where the fish are. Getting out on a kayak and catching a few fish then proclaiming "look at the fish I caught! And it wasn't even hard work." I'm from the old school, I believe one should find the fish, then catch them. This to me is most rewarding and satisfying. Yesterday, I spent 8.5 hrs. on the water searching for fish and what I did see and find was very hard work. Thus, I would not give out my hard earned information to the public.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
gotz togo fishin

I was out this morning. Wide open bite! thats greenback bite that is. Macs were every were! I really thought i would score a Y.T. conitions looked GREAT. Only one problem, No current! it was suprisenly crowded with PBRS and had no elbow room. wind picked up around 11 a.m.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotz togo fishin View Post
it was suprisenly crowded with PBRS and had no elbow room.
Amazing what a few BD posts about squid and a mention in the UT will do for the crowds. I had the place to myself Tues AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
screaming reel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to screaming reel
dorado, if that is the case, then I hope we never see reports from you again - keep your info to yourself and your pics and your reports and your advice. Anyone who has ever posted on the public fishing forums shares the blame for the increased fishing pressure at local spots. You have posted many times and draw in huge numbers of people to these spots. Post, post, post. Whine Whine Whine. Ha, Ha,Ha. - I don't get it.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
sdcityboy

i went to LJ wed morning. had not fished in ocean in probably 25 years. just north of kelp couldn't drop sibiki without coming up with 4 or 5 macs. fished with iron tipped with squid also, coming up with calicos. hooked into probably yellows twice but my inexperience lost em both. that lasted from like 6:30 - 8:30 am. what a blast! thanx to the info on this board my first landing went quite well.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
Porter
Junior

Just remember folks, in the kayak fishing reports section you dont post what, where, or when you catch them. And heaven forbid you post how you caught it.......endstate would be more people out fishing, enjoying southern california's fishery, funding many programs that benefit our fishery (by buying a license), and lastly having fun. It just wouldnt be right.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdude View Post
On another thought it seems when there are no reports it just might be going off. I think a feel a sick day coming on
I'm hoping to fish Tuesday, which means whatever "secret bite" is going on, it will stop on Monday and start back up on Wed. You all should get out there on Monday or Wed.

Just sayin'...
Old 02-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
hookup
Junior

sharing is caring, Cool sdcityboy.

sdcityboy,

Thanks for sharing your fishing venture and giving us some info on the day you went fishing. Unlike dorado 50, he is going to catch all the fish and store it in a freezer and call it a secret. How exicitng is that ? Dorado 50, I ask you, when you die, What are you taking with you ?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
metalbob
King of Constipation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
You know the best fishing report is the first-hand fishing report. One should get out on the water and see what's out there instead of seeing a second-hand report telling when & where the fish are. Getting out on a kayak and catching a few fish then proclaiming "look at the fish I caught! And it wasn't even hard work." I'm from the old school, I believe one should find the fish, then catch them. This to me is most rewarding and satisfying. Yesterday, I spent 8.5 hrs. on the water searching for fish and what I did see and find was very hard work. Thus, I would not give out my hard earned information to the public.
agreed...i would rather find them myself and am gonna concentrate on LJ"North" this weekend

Good luck everyone.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
esdees
The Good Clone

Wow, another one of these already? Calm down people. Enjoy your own fishing, post if you like, enjoy what other people post, and don't expect everyone else to post just because you do (or would). Did I cover it all?

Saturday morning was dead.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #13
martuka
Junior

MY LJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Dorado 50 you live in lj right, so the most popular fishing grounds and no doubt the best fishing grounds for yak fishing in socal is right in your own backyard" well theres a lot of fisherman that don't live near those great fishing grounds" infact i myself live in redlands which is about a 200 hundred mile roundtrip! so we look on these sites for reports to help us determan if it's going to be worth the trip, me myself think wether a good report or not somebodys got to make it so just go anyway but you do that 2 or 3 times and every time the bite was off you get alittle frustrated not to mention $$$ on gas, i envy all you guys that live in lj or even close by for the great fishing, i can only imagin how nice it would be to be able to launch my yak before work "and catch a yt or wsb "how great"!
But for the most part the guys and gals that watch these sites are looking for fishing reports and cool stories,help,hints,rigging tips ect. and most people on these sites are very informative & cool about sharing there advise, wether it's good or bad it's there outlook,opinion or there own experiance.and theres no reason to be rude or cruel or unhelpful to some one because they just want to know how the fishing is or what the hot ticket is for a certain species of fish.
And all you guys that live down there that are avid fisherman have it good and have an advantage compaired to fisherman that don't live in the area and dont have alot of time to get down there.So you might catch more fish and more big fish but it does'nt exactly make you a better fisherman, im sure you'll outfish some guys that don't know the grounds but it's all about time on the water.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #14
THE DARKHORSE

It takes one to know one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
comment removed.
You guys should lay off Dave (Dorado 50) or anyone else who catches "more fish than you". I'm proud of Dave, he's evolving. One day even you "knuckle-draggers" who have nothing to offer will figure it out. True, it will take hundreds if not tens of thousands of hours on the water, but it will happen. While this learning-curve is taking place for you, why not sit back and watch a little before getting upset. Once upon a time Dave would post often, in some peoples minds "too often". I can remember a couple of "sensitive-bites" that he openly shared the same day. I don't think anyone would get upset about a random fish report. Go ahead and give gps#'s, water temp, clarity, depth, iron-color, and time. I personally don't care who posts what and certainly don't consider myself someone who can say what is "too often or too sensitive". Simply, the idea that you "deserve" others hard earned information is ridiculous. Be happy with what you get, learn to read between the lines, and there is no substitute for time on the water.

Oh, by the way I fished today. The water temp was 58.1, with twelve-feet of visibility, tons of greenbacks, and an entire fleet of boats with not one fish caught.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
wavster

It seems that Dorado50 was just sharing a bit of wisdom. Nothing beats
time on the water...

...it's just that his delivery was a bit "edgy". But what can you expect from
a grouchy old man.

D50: thanks for all the info you've passed my way over the past 6 months.
It's definitely made a difference in my fishing. Now how about that report?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
Mo Betta

Im still paying my dues, but I will say that being on a Kayak really cuts down your "fishing range" on the water, its not like I can just fire up 225horses and blaze off to the 390.

I dont blame you guys on bit for trying to keep the bite on the DL. Stealth is one of a Kayaks biggest assets. Nothing will shut it down faster then a lot of PB running around everywhere.

So keep posting the way its been going, a few days after the bite. If I need intel I'll drop by the launch or PM a few friends, better yet Ill just go fish. Time on the water is what its all about, fish are just icing on the cake.

The out of town guys, I feel your pain on the gas and time. Make a few more friends that live here and let them know you maybe coming down. Ive seen nothing but great guys paddling around out there, Im sure the info will flow. Hope to see all of you out there. Frank
Old 02-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #17
'Cuda

Wow guys.....I use to envy you LJ yakkers for having one of the most profilic fishing grounds IN THE WORLD! in your back yard...not so much anymore....you need to step back and smell the greenies....count your blessings....we all get our fish eventually...try having some fun until it's your turn again.
See you in Mexico.....
Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #18
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Does that about cover it?

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #19
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cuda View Post
See you in Mexico.....
Definately!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #20
Adam

If someone is the first to know that we are being invaded by another county, you better post it! If the fishing is wide open - you better enjoy it. Give me a break - "to post or not to post?" - that is not an ethical question. I like this website because it is good to see other people who love this as much as me. I post when I catch a big fish, because I want somewhere to brag - as you can tell I haven't had much to brag about. To me the whole point is to get away from the politics / B.S. of everyday life. If you're getting hung up by what others are doing, I think you're missing out on the fun.
Closed Thread