Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #41
cabojohn
PROBATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froman View Post
I blame this guy, but I think he is a fraud!

Check this out..
When Froman was killing it on the the bugs a while back, I sent him a PM and told him we could share lobster spots and /or I would make it worth his while.
After a couple PM's back and forth I ended up sending him a couple Costco & Hooters gift cards just as he requested to "Casa Basura" in Baja California.
- When I finally got the lobster GPS numbers ...ended up being a Aisan market in Chula Vista. Pfffftttt.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #42
ski

Anybody got a light?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #43
Dennis

Shit, bring on the popcorn... or is there a popcorn eating icon?

Is any of this going to matter if/when the MLPA has their way with the Jewel?

Let's enjoy it while we can, and stop acting like little bitches!

Okay, now I'm done.. Roll Mex, we got to set up our next hooping session... before the season ends.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #44
rdahl

Art and C-Level, friggin classic posts!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #45
bigderel
UberMember

Froman - I think this is actually Tommy! Mystery solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTR8Yj5hg4
Old 02-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #46
stevo

I am amazed on the selfishness on the water. Whatever happened to sharing information?. You plan on taking it to the grave or something?.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #47
spooky007

Hmmmm, posting fishing reports on a fishing site???? What a stupid idea!!!lol
Old 02-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #48
strackle99
Here fishy, fishy...

Werd fishdude!

I am going to target halibut tomorrow am north of scripps pier. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #49
Tailwhipped

I may have an idea on how to solve this posting problem. Why not mount a web cam on the top three WCW contenders kayaks and we can get a real time look at all the fish reports we need.
lol lol lol
Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #50
45king

i was out this morning for 5 hours without a fish to show for it. Is that the report we wanted to hear..hahah. same story. a bunch of bait and no fish seen today (friday).
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #51
Matt
Support your local pangas

to those that share.......

To those that share thank you, to those that don't fine by me, to those that whine about people not posting but have no fish reports of their own to share..............GO FISH!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #52
wavster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post
Please all you "experts" start posting when you go out how long you were on the water and didn't catch shit and maybe, just maybe the "knucle draggers" will realize that every fish caught was a lot of work and time OTW
OK. I'm no expert, but I thought I'd respond to this post to shed some "reality"
to those that think think that a fish report is the only info that matters.

This month I was fortunate enough to score a WSB and a YT. I'm looking for
a slam this month, so the past week has been dedicated soley to finding
a halibut.

Some things looked promising this week. Lots of squid, for one...

To make a long story short, I fished every day this week, averaging 8 hours
on the water each day, covering an average of 13 miles each day as well.

On several days, I'd get to the launch by 4am and paddle out 3.9 miles to
the light boats and squid nets looking for squid. Yes, I was able to catch
plenty of squid. Then I'd paddle 3 miles back to the fishing grounds, then
North to look for a halibut.

The past 5 days I put over 40 hours on the water, paddled more than 60 miles, and
other than a lot of frozen squid, I have nothing to show for it...

...I know that my time on the water doesn't guarantee a fish,
but it's education that will hopefully help me when the conditions are right
for a good bite.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #53
fishinhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdahl View Post
Art and C-Level, friggin classic posts!

Art, Todd very well said. Evolution of a kayakfisherman - outstanding!lol
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #54
BamBam

Huh

OK, so its been off and on lately with some squid and macs here and there for bait. Enjoy your day off work and maybe you'll catch a fish. Good Luck... and shoot us a report afterward.

Wow, that was my first report and it was so easy.

The guy went out of his way to say he didn't even want specifics, and everyone makes a huge fuss. This is exactly why I don't post, and yes I read all the reports, and no I don't feel bad about it.

Next time your pissed off about the crowd, just be glad you hadn't spent your morning in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes listening to crappy morning shows, only to get to your tiny cubicle with a stupid ass tie noosed around your neck, and have your pansy boss go off on you all morning like 90% of the corporate jerk offs in this city go through daily. Come on, you're stressing about a relatively small crowd of people who share the same interests as you hanging out and catching fat ass fish together on little kayaks. What more can you ask for?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #55
fishdude

WOW, what did I start. I have been laying low the past few days, working 10 hr shifts,enjoying all the responses and man I really do not know what to say. I was just asking what it was like out there. Never did I once imply I wanted info on where the fish are or is it going off.
Believe me when I say this, nothing better than time on the water and your OWN experiances, how else are you going to learn?

I mean hell I fished from a kayak for years without a bait tank or GPS/fishfinder. I just love being out on the water, I have spent countless days from 6-6 fishing because I love it. Many trips to Mexico, Gonzaga Bay, Abreojos Reef, Mag Bay, La Paz, Punta Fenal and on and on.

Hell I am not going to tell people exactly where to go what to use, shit thats part of the fun and adventure finding it out on you own. I do share with my close friends, but even then its fishing or as I call it hunting for fish.
Anyways thanks for people who did response in my defense and for the people and dorado50 who think otherwise thanks also, but just remember we were ALL newbies at one time or another and we should not assume one does nothing but sit by the computer and look for the words WIDE OPEN. I have put my hours in on the water and payed my dues and I will continue to do so.Get out and enjoy what GOD and mother nature has provide for us, we are extremly fortunate to live here in SD. Life is to short to be bitter.
Exhale, boy do I feel better.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #56
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Hey adi... Can we lock this one up? Either I need to shower or this beaten horse of a thread is starting to spoil in the sun...
Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #57
Dupree

That's him! That's the Dude, El Duderino, His Dudeness ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Huh?

Old 03-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #58
Matt
Support your local pangas

I am sorry but the above is the dude, el duderino, his dudeness.......
Old 03-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #59
esdees
The Good Clone

I hate it when people take my picture in the morning before I've had my white russian...

If this gets locked, fishdude's response should be the last in this topic.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #60
madscientist

Todd nailed it with the evolution of the fisherman, but I'd like to submit a corollary...

The evolution of the fishing website

The early days
Small site is started by someone whose gotten into fishing enough to care and has the basic computer chops to get it going with minimal hassle

The underground
A few friends and longtime guys like the relative quiet and start to post, other serious guys find out and join in. Info flows freely.

The glory days
Most of the "regulars" get clued in and join. A jocular camaraderie is established. Info flows freely.

The beginning of the end
The regulars enjoy the new board so much they stop posting on the old boards. Their absence creates a void filled by newbs and know-nothing know-it-alls. Someone wonders, why doesn't X post anymore?

The migration
Word gets out that the new board has better info than the old board. Know-nothing know-it-alls cross over, but find the old guard insulting and condescending.

The transformation
Soon the new board starts to look like the old board. Someone wonders, "where are all the fish reports"

If a few of the regulars have a lot of time on their hands, an unnatural affinity for bran muffins, and no sense of shame, then the site can morph into a free for all BS site that just happens to have some occasional fish info. Otherwise, well, I guess we are finding out.