Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Mobie Hobie
Junior

CORONADO-GLORIETTA BAY KAYAK LAUNCH

On Sunday I launched my 2013 Pro Angler 14 at the Coronado Club Room. At 0700 I am the only one in the parking-lot. Within minutes I am greeted by a young lady with a smile and good morning. She tells me she is going to help me launch my kayak. Seriously? She gave me a grand tour of the facility, told me whether I joined or not I could still launch (free) and she would help me. Seriously?

I want to support funding for these types of community programs so I got a annual family membership for $40.00. It is awesome that Coronado invests in the waterfront and this is exclusively for kayaks and paddle boards.

Get's better....Wait there is more!

If you have a friend who wants to go fishing, out on a kayak or a paddle board they rent them as well. They even have picnic tables and water activities for children. I am going to recommend this location to the Wounded Warrior Project. I can see this facility being an awesome location to get our heroes out on the bay.

This was like "valet kayak". If I would have let her she would have wheeled my kayak down to the beach herself! She remained at my side the whole time and to tell you the truth I thought I was in a Yacht Club.

This facility is brand new. The restrooms, showers, storage garage, fresh water wash down, parking, etc. is just awesome. It is in my opinion a short trip to the bridge for fishing. On the way to the bridge I metered more structure and bait on the way out then I did when I got to the bridge. The location of this facility is about 250 yards south of the public, concrete launch ramp.

After spending the day on the bay I come back to a nice beach. Before I hit the beach down to the water comes a couple guys to help me move my kayak to the wash pad and then load it on the truck. I thanked the staff in the morning and evening but since the kayak experience is new I wanted to try it all alone for training purposes. I am not seeing this happen at LJ shores!

So if you like this area to fish check it out. On my next trip I am going to get dropped off at the Coronado Club, have a friend relocate my truck to Shelter Island. I intend to take a couple Mona Lisa Classic #8's with, and toss plastic from Coronado to Shelter Island.

Hope this info helps someone out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coronado Club Room.jpg (56.5 KB, 344 views)
Mobie Hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
sasha

So where is the pic of the hot wench that helped you with the kayak... No pic me no drive there... Didn't mention fishing so I guess fishing sucks there.
sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Baja_Traveler

That actually sounds kind of sweet for those of us who regularly fish that part of the bay. I'll have to check it out next chance I get - now if they were to meet me at the beach with a cold brew, I'd be down there every day!
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
StinkyMatt

Please return to the location and take photos of the "helper girl". No photos and this is just spam.

Multiple angles and close ups appreciated.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Siebler

Thanks for heads up on this place. It does seem a nice location for getting wounded vets on the water. I will make contact with them for future HOW events.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Cbad Mike

Sounds like if it was any better they would give you a happy ending before your drive home.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
inbx3

Is that the new building between the launch ramp and Navy base on the Navy side of the little beach there? Saw them building it over the summer.
inbx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
maui jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
So where is the pic of the hot wench that helped you with the kayak... No pic me no drive there... Didn't mention fishing so I guess fishing sucks there.

It was Candy!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
La Jolla valet service now available

Team Sewer and the Lollipop Guild both have a similar valet service at La Jolla Shores. It is $40 per trip and includes a box of frozen squid and a go pro video of your your launch and retrieval of your kayak if you flip over...fishing poles and fisherman retrieval not included...
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
JarrodMc

Hey man that sounds very accommodating. Hope the fishing was good too!
JarrodMc is offline   Reply With Quote