Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Trident 15
Junior

Irvine Lake 2-4-11

Well i had a great day at Irvine Friday : Story 7 trout next to Kayak 4 boated 2 threw the rapalas back at me how this can happen ??? because when i got the others in yak it takes pliers to remove trebles . So on 1 trout est. at 2 lbs right at the side of yak i gave him slack and just a little! " I meant too just to see what would happen" and pop out comes rapala Water is still dirty , i saw many nice trout caught ,lost and farmed by tin boats and pontoon boats so the dirty water doesn't seem to be a issue, Temp Water 53.5 Air 42am 68pm. SO I paddled from 6:30 to 2:30 trolling and even though the Trident paddles and coasts great my arm and pecs are thank god for motrin. Weight on Trout at Home 4.98 - 4.92 - 3.89 - 2.89 could of brought home a limit but didnt need too and did slack test mentioned above.

Last thing I got my first mini SLEIGH ride on the 4.92 trout, fight lasted more than 10 min i acually started to get worried this fight was too long and wondering about Knots and all the fights without retying , This guy pulled so much drag ,Every time i got him to see yak OFF he went 50 to 60 feet this happend a least 5 times. All the other trout just went aerial this one kept shooting down kinda like a yellowtail
All Fish caught on Rapala Firetiger

Bob...........................
Trident 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
jhook

A sleigh ride from a trout? I've got to get up to that lake. Nice report.
jhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Thanks for the report Bob...I gotta hit Irvine soon.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Nice REport Bob. So, how do you cook your trout?

-ED
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Trident 15
Junior

Head , gut, fin, wash, put whole trout on large piece of aluminum foil , season trout inside cavity , insert chunks of onion , garlic, celery, carrots,and one time i put 1/2 a cup of mini salad shrimp into cavity mmmmmmmmmm good , then season outside of trout, a couple chunks of butter and soy sause on outside of trout, then close aluminum foil being Careful not to tear foil !!! Put into pre heated oven at 400 deg for 20 min.

Remove from oven open packet be careful of steam !! Put trout on platter
Remove top layer of skin Eat top layer of trout it will fall off of every bone.

Remove entire skelleton just grab it from the missing head end and pull up i have had very good luck with this the whole thing comes out clean !!!

Then eat bottom half of bone free trout Yum yum.......

For some Reason ??? some of the Trout i have got at Irvine WHEN you clean them they are PINK inside PINK Flesh , These Taste Awsome

Then some of the Trout from Irvine WHEN Cleaned are WHITE inside White Meat , They taste bland ????

Just My .02

Bob............................................... ......
Trident 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
jhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident 15 View Post

For some Reason ??? some of the Trout i have got at Irvine WHEN you clean them they are PINK inside PINK Flesh , These Taste Awsome

Then some of the Trout from Irvine WHEN Cleaned are WHITE inside White Meat , They taste bland ????

Just My .02

Bob............................................... ......
This is definitely true. Stocker trout have white meat due to their fish farm diet. The pinkies have been in the wild eating all sorts of goodies that make them taste better (and turn pink). I've always referred to the pinkies as "native". Often times native trout will have brighter external coloring as well, so you know you've got a tasty one as soon as you pull it in. I used to ice fish in Colorado, and caught some trout that had meat that looked and tasted just like salmon.
jhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
mtnbykr2

some are "alpers"
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote