Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 2/13 AM Birds, bait, and....

..whole bunch of nothing for me. Looked super fishy right before sunrise, with birds working out in 120-140 and bait all over. Despite the talent on the water (Chris, Andy, Vito), no fish caught that I heard of by 9:00am when I headed in. A nicer day you could not ask for, dead calm and walk out and sit down kind of surf. Slight offshore once out gave a nice drift, but no big boys were around. Lots of dogs and dolphins working the bait. It's primed, but it seems like the predators have yet to arrive. Might try the PM double duty shift tomorrow.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
twinfin

nice timely report...thanks...helps my decision: surf
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Well, the morning started out promising... Saw Vito, Andy the guitar player, & Brad Scientist on the shoreline around 5:30amish. Glassy water, small surf, it just seemed like WSB weather. Besides, two years ago on this very date, I caught my first yellowtail. Paddled out with Brad, found some candy bar greenies, watched the sunrise together. :P

There was an abundant amount of birds flying all around. Bait was popping, it seemed right...

A whole lotta paddling for nada.... saw many dolphins come swimming by working bait...

Also, dogs working... they were swimming around in gangs, with their heads above the water... (i think those are dogs)

Decided to head into the kelp to get some bass points... Upgraded a whole 3 ozs from Saturday!! ops:

The famous hotel, which helps you with your bearings. If you friends are looking for you, just say "I am next to the hotel"

It turned out to be a beautiful day. Great to get out during the week, I got Presidents day next Monday, so hope to make it out then... Thank you mister Lincoln for today!

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
madscientist

Nice pics Chris.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

El skunko por me. Landed with Vito around 11 AM. Just a nice fishless morning.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Jeezo Chris no wonder are taxes are so high, we're paying you to fish!! :twisted:

Nice pictures reefer man.

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote