Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
pingpangdang

mini-x for the LJ kelp

Kayak fishing for a year now in a mini-x. Mostly bass fishing around SoCal lakes then moved on to Mission Bay. I want to hit up LJ kelp but I want to do it right. I would like to start w/ the bass then later move on to using live bait for YT.

Does anyone have a local checklist of must have/do prior to heading out? Warnings/tips/cautions i.e. routes, things to avoid?

My mini-x is pretty bare bones...no fish finder, bait tank etc. Just me, PFD, cell phone, and tackle. I just want to land some calicos for now. I know my mini-x does not perform in open waters as well as the bigger yaks but I've been surfing for 15 years and in pretty good shape (33 yrs old) and don't mind the extra effort (for now).

Any opinions/advice on heading out w/ the mini-x? I also usually head out alone since most of my friends only surf or fish from the shore and don't have yaks. Advisable?
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote