Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
aguachico

LJ 4/21 PM

Couple of yaks OTW. No love that I know of. Windy, bumpy and cold.

Please have your licenses. In 8 years I've never seen the DFG in LJ. I've been approached twice in one week. For people that fish mulitple vessels, it's hard to remember to move the license from one to the other.

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
steveooo

I pulled the long shift today. Was on the water from 5:30 am – 5:30 p.m. with pretty much nada to show for it except a funky farmer john wetsuit sunburn. Launch and landing was cake, 1 footers maybe. Water was pretty clean and blue until you got within a few hundred yds of the kelp, then it turned brown. Wind really picked up from about 8 – 3. It was really howling and making white caps. Had alot of this during the day, bow of my boat crashing into a surface wave and subsequently swamping me.

Bait was very tough to make. I scraped up 2 good macks at the peir, and a few jumbo smelt by the kelp. I tried EVERYTHING today. High mack. Low mack, surface iron, deadstick, swimbait, and then I yo-yoed the heck out of I swear every inch of the place. NADA. I went to the canyon and picked up a red on the Iron but since I don’t get out to LJ that often I decided to go and try for some points.

Was cool that I got to meet Pat for the first time today at the launch. You guys weren’t kidding, he is a friggen giant! I also saw some crazy little dude with an afro kicking around in the kelp in a float tube…nuts. No real fish, saw Andy going out 4 the evening sesh, hopefully he did better. Also got 2 sumissions 4 the Reel Iron man.

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
Dupree

Saw you workin it HARD out there. I was on my buddy Frank's boat and told him there was no way I could cover the ground that kind of ground on my XLII.

At least you have a couple of Iron Man submissions for your trouble. All I managed was a 5" lizard on the MegaBait. Seemed like the red tide is itchin' to go off big any moment now