Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

Non-fishing report, sort of...

Looks like I'm posting in the right spot for this, afterall the fishing forum really isn't about current fishing reports anymore, except by a handful of fishermen. The 3 things this forum does do:

1) Report how successful "Newbies" are once they've tried "Darkhorses" guide services. Usually these reports are a month old, more or less, too old to be of any use to anyone, unless they need a good guide.
2) Gag posts. Some are even believable, to the point a person doesn't know if they are reading an accurate helpful post, or just fluff that some find funny.
3) Venting reports. Usually bitching about something, some where, some day.

With the 1/2 day boats nailing yellows almost every day for a week or more now, even nailing 3 WSB, along with yellows the other day, you can't tell me there are not kayak fishermen who frequent this website who've scored, and scored well over the last couple of weeks.

To each their own.

I guess I'm posting this on #3 above, the venting report. Julie and I don't need reports to do well at La Jolla. Hell, we don't even use a Fish Finder, yet our freezer is full of fish, clams and lobster (ok, only a 1/2 dozen left now).

My point is-the fishing forum used to be a resource for "fishing" (as in current) information. Not so much anymore.

It's rather sad and pitiful and mostly useless. We'll keep looking here for tidbits of information, but it doesn't seem to have what BWE used to have, integrity, honesty and info that could benefit everyone.

I guess if you're in one of the cliques, you really don't need BWE at all, you're buddy will hook you up with the latest 4-1-1. How cool. Instead you can post your gags and rants.

We always paid it forward (for free), what we learned or picked up from others, and still do when properly asked, usually through PMs.

It's amazing how the overall mentality has changed on this website.