Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
ICHI
Junior

Red face Info on where to yo yo in la jolla?

First off let me say that I know theres always Q's about yo yoing and la jolla. Ive read up on the pat holmes thread about yo yoing and learned alot. Last year around winter time I went out about 5-6 times throwin the yo yo with no luck. I would try off the west end of the kelp, a little north of the kelp, all around 80 to 100 feet. Should I go farther north or a little deeper? Ive also never found the canyon, is it closer to the north in front of the pier, or am I in the wrong place all together? I guess Im asking for a little "DIRECTION" as far as kayaking la jolla.Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help.
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Dan

A = the launch
B = the white condo high rise.
C = you yo yoing -- work west from there. 100ft is a good place to start.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
steveooo

Yeah, what he said.
Plus realize that YoYo fishing is sloooooow winter fishing. Many guys put in literally hundreds of YoYo hours before hanging a fish on the iron, but by just reading the reports you would think they are knocking fish on the head with heavy irons daily. YoYoing is about playing the odds and covering more of the water column when the fishing is slow. But on the other hand, when a and a meet a couple of cranks off the bottom, there is no sweeter feeling
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

Also don't forget to check your fishfinder occasionally, sometimes there will be a grip of yaks all yo-yoing and on your way WALLA!!! Marks drop your iron and see what it is ya never know..........and just because there are 10 guys in one spot, doesn't mean there won't be fish elsewhere.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
ICHI
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Yeah, what he said.
Plus realize that YoYo fishing is sloooooow winter fishing. Many guys put in literally hundreds of YoYo hours before hanging a fish on the iron, but by just reading the reports you would think they are knocking fish on the head with heavy irons daily. YoYoing is about playing the odds and covering more of the water column when the fishing is slow. But on the other hand, when a and a meet a couple of cranks off the bottom, there is no sweeter feeling
Ya I realize that winter fishing is very sloooow, but I see some of you avat yakkers slayin em 2 a day. Oh darn, it just means more time on the water. Thanks for the heads ups guys, I appreciate it to the fullest.
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote