Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
kareem korn

La Jolla 9/8/06

Short story: 5 yellows, 2 bonito.

I left out the details that I normally squeez into my reports in respect of the turnement tomorrow. Just a FIY, one that I realeased was pushing 25lbs, and It still has a hook in the right inside mouth w/ aprox 1' of 30lb test, so If caught let me know(I think that would be funny).

Long story: Told my wife on Wednesday that I'm going to fish the tournement on Saturday @ LJ, and she said "NO YOU AIN'T". "Well CAN I fish on Friday instead"? "Yes" .

Got to LJ shores @ 5am to find looooow tide, and only two others setting up, WTF. I thought it was going to be crowded with prefishers. Made bait, and at the grounds @ 6:30. Two rods out. Picked up around 7am. Got it up and stuck it. Layed in on the deck removed the hook, rebaited and threw back out. Brought out the NOT waterproof camera and took one pic, when my light rod w/12lb goes screaming. Set the hook, and I'm on(first on this new rod). Fish still on the deck w/hook in his head, one going on the light rod, and my other goes screaming(heavy pole 30lb). Let this one hang while I fight, bring up and realease the second. Rebait, throw this rod back out. Grab the heavy setup, and the line is slack, so I figured I lost it, so I start reeling in the slack, and the rod loads up. Bring this one up, tail grab, unhook and realease. Rebait throw back out. Secure the fish that was waiting patiently on deck. Picked up two more on the heavy setup. Released, and gave the last fish to another kayaker who really wanted to help during my turmoil, and let me know that his freezer has been empty of YT for a long time. The two bonito were caught on the way out trolling a yozori sardine color, (both realeased). Handed off the remaining bait to another. Landed @ 9:30am, tide was high (almost to the sand mound). Weather was nice, water was 66.7deg, current(what little there was) was slightly pulling north. Only 6-8 yakers, and 5-6 boats out, not counting the Dolpin and New Seaforth. My best day yet. Good luck to all tomorrow. Sure wish I could've done this tomorrow, but you married guys know how it is..

It's days like these that make putting in 65+ hours on the water with little to no luck worth while.

-Tim-

kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Tim, you are making for a sleepless night for me tonight :lol:

Sorry you won't make it tomorrow. Thanks for the intel and congrats on a dood f'n morning.

Andy
Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Dan

this news does not suck. Congrats on the fast fishing!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
Mike K.

VEEEERRRY NICE!!! Did you happen to hook up a small white seabass on the sabiki this morning? Hope tomorrow is as good.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
kareem korn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K.
VEEEERRRY NICE!!! Did you happen to hook up a small white seabass on the sabiki this morning? Hope tomorrow is as good.

......Mike, I did'nt. I did go to "Mike's spot" . If that helps.

Goodluck brutha
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
Mike K.

Thanks....should be quite a zoo. Hopin' for a few fish and a good time.