Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
PAL

KFACA Benefit Tourney June 27 - sign up now!

Let's have some fun, celebrate La Jolla, and raise money for our efforts to keep the west's best coastal kayak fishing spot open. There's no other place like this - if we want to keep it open in the face of the MLPA, we need resources. Political action is expensive.

June 27, be there! Fishing from 5 to 11, with a BBQ, awards ceremony, and benefit raffle / silent auction to follow at nearby Standley Community Park. Don't worry, its easy to find, and after-fishing refreshment should be no problem. More on that later.

3 divisions! BIG FISH - C&R BASS (MBF format, just 1) - FREE DIVE

Entry just $30, $5 of which will go to your divisional jackpot, the rest will go to the Partnership for Sustainable Oceans to keep our lobbyist in the fight, or if you're a free diver, to the new Watermans Alliance.

Show up cash in hand on the sand between 5 and 6:30, or contact me to pre-pay. Weigh in on the water - no more crazy drive! The weigh boat will be at the bouy from 10-11, and available by VHF. Don't miss the big group photo op at the end of fishing time.

I'm working on a prize for the single most impressive sporting feat of the day, subjectively determined by the crowd's acclamation.

Let's make it simple. Please reply to let us know you'll be coming, but otherwise all you need to do is show up on the beach and get after it.

The KFACA will provide basic drinks and dogs. Potluck contributions a la Baytubers highly encouraged. Benefit raffle / silent auction donations gratefully accepted, just bring it to the party or drop it off when you sign up.

Standley Park, site of the awards ceremony, is just off the 52 freeway one exit east of the 5. Take the Regents Road exit and head north. The park will be on your right. Easy to find!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.038624&z=15

Remember, this is about three things. Celebrating La Jolla, raising cash so we can keep it open, and getting MLPA info out there. I hope you will join us, go fishing, come to the party afterwards, either or both, whatever you like.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! If you can help me run the event, please contact me via PM. I'll get back to you sometime after May 15.

The only fine print. Hook and line divisions kayak only please. Spearos always take their fish under human power. As long as they dive La Jolla, I'd like to leave how they get there up to them.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote