Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Quilted Germ

WSB limit(s)

From all the posts out there recently, I have a question. Is the bag limit always 1 wsb, or does the bag limit change during certain times of the year. Hate to say it but I didn't even know there was a limit at all on these. Thanks for helping out a rook.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
GHOSTHUNTR

Goes to three on June 15.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
flip4i
Junior

Pulled this from the 2009 - 2010 Ocean Sport Fishing Regs

28.35. White Seabass.
(a) Minimum size: Twenty-eight inches total length or twenty and one-half inches alternate
length.
(b) Season: Open all year.
(c) Limit: Three, except that only one fish may be taken in waters south of Pt. Conception
between March 15 and June 15.

Hope that helps...
flip4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Quilted Germ

Thanks...not sure about the alternate length but wouldn't keep a wsb that small anyways.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
rastrev

I'm pretty sure the alternate length is how long the filets have to be if you filet the fish on the water, and not that you can keep a 21.5 inch fish.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Zed
BANNED

1.62. Minimum and Maximum Size. No fish, mollusks or crustaceans less than the legal minimum size or greater than the the maximum legal size (total, fork or alternate) may be possessed, except as otherwise provided. Total length is the longest straight-line measurement from the tip of the head to the end of the longest lobe of the tail. Fork length is the straight-line
distance from the tip of the head to the center of the tail fin. Tip of the head shall be the most anterior point on the fish with the mouth closed and the fish lying flat on its side. Alternate length is the straight-line distance from the base of the foremost spine of the first dorsal fin to the end of the longest lobe of the tail. Unless otherwise provided, all fish, mollusks or crustaceans less than the legal minimum size or greater than the maximum legal size must be returned immediately to
the water from which they were taken.