Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
h2osycho1
Junior

Total Rookie

Hey Guys! My name is Andy. I'm a total rookie with my kayak. I've fished on sport boats alot and I can't get enough fishing time in. Having read up on kayaks, I finally broke down and bought one. Now hopefully I'll be on the water more. Cutting my teeth at LA Harbor and Alamitos Bay, I see nothing compared to the giants coming out from La Jolla. AWESOME!!! I'll slowly make my way down south and fish (try fishing) with the veterans in the big leagues. See you out on the water!
h2osycho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
TheSherThang

Join the club

I just got mine 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Talk about fun when you get one on.
TheSherThang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Oolie
Headshots Only

be prepared, even a total rookie can hook up on some nice fish.
have the basics just in case: gaff, pliers, big game clip.
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
slanteyedtuna

+1 add me to the NOOB list. I just got my kayak around christmas time and have been spending all my time rigging it up. So far I've taken it to MDR and Seal beach. Got a few barracudas for my effort so far. Now that I bought a rack and a 4runner to haul my yak, I think Im good to go for LJ. You SD guys have it good. I need to move down there or something. I'm so upset I missed the big bite you guys had recently. That is just insane. See you guys out in the water.

John
slanteyedtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
lamb

Welcome on board!

Very cool to see the new blood. We need all the help we can get to take Josh or Brad down...

Not that I'm overly experienced guy, especially compared to other folks, but here's my 2 c:

Search for info. Almost everything has been discussed either here on or other kayak fishing boards. Don't be shy to ask questions. Be safe, don't be fooling around. Know your limits. Have your tackle and rigs in order - hearthbreaks suck. Make sure you have fun - on the water and on the web.

And try to get out there as much as you can. I haven't caught a single fish since I stopped going out. lol
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
h2osycho1
Junior

Stoked!!!

I'm just stoked reading the reports and reading all the helpful pointers from everyone not to mention seeing the fish pics. What a great group! Looking to fish with you guys. It's difficult to get out during the week, so I'll be labeled a weekend warrior also. So I'll post when I'm headed out!

Andy
h2osycho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:19 AM   #7
dorf

Welcome aboard guys. I am a long time fisherman and have been on my yak for a year now. Every day I learn something new and I owe it to sites like this.
Remeber: Even the greats started out as rookies, Tony Gwynn, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Roger Clemens (we don't test, do we?).
Old 03-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
ElectroMike

OC Newbie

I am also a total newbie. I have fished in SoCal my entire life but just started fishing from the yak this winter when I moved to south OC. I have spent all winter fishing a private lake where I live trying to figure what I am doing. I just found the board last week. I am hoping to start hitting some of the harbors in the next few weeks. I am total looking forward to working my way up to beach launches and big water.

Mike
ElectroMike is offline   Reply With Quote