Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
FISH11

Talking NOT KAYAK RELATED>>>USA,USA,USA

Finally to get Ghana of our backs. The USA Soccer Assoc. brought in Jurgen Klinsman to get us to the next level. I always believed in all he's doing and the youth movement to makes us better not just this World Cup but in the future. We didn't play our best game and suffered some injuries, but as has been shown the coach has a knack of bringing in the right substitutes and it pays off. Support OUR TEAM. GO USA, GO USA, GO USA.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Hell yeah! GO USA!

That Portuguese player that punched then headbutted that german player today was classic!

I think mexico is getting ready to get whooped tomorrow.....

GO KOREA!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
YakAttak

I hoped and dreamed USA would win, but didn't think they had much chance in beating Ghana but still made bet that USA would win to support the national team and add more thrill in watching the game. Almost had multiple heart attacks throughout the game but we came through and revenged sweetly. Congrats team USA. Kick Portugal butt and ensure advancement to the next round.
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
blitzburgh

Old 06-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
bluesquids

They look good this year. It was a pleasure just to watch them play a solid game unlike previous years garbage ball.
One of the best keepers in the world.... Defense that is organized, on the ball, no mistakes, bad passes or bad traps, actual skillz...midfield controlling possession making creative plays
and penatrating passes better than any NFL QB(esp. "The general" Bradley). Wickedly dangerous Strikers that can actually finish.
Ghana was tough, they have a lot of good players that play in Europe, are very fast and tried to intimidate us with rough play and cheap shots. ..Now if they can shut down Portugals Ronaldo...they just might be in the top 5. Germany and Netherlands are just too strong to get past, but if they get 3rd or 4th...that would be huge, making us a world power, getting US players huge salaries on the best world teams and setting us up for contention next time around.

I'm watching the final at the Cantina in Two Harbors..the pints will be flowing!
USA USA USA!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
StinkyMatt

Blue squids...I love your optimism!

Are you seriously entertaining the idea Of Team USA being a top 5 soccer power after beating Ghana by a goal?

Gotta love the optimism.

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
bluesquids

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Blue squids...I love your optimism!

Are you seriously entertaining the idea Of Team USA being a top 5 soccer power after beating Ghana by a goal?

Gotta love the optimism.

Yeah, I'm optimistic and it's too early to tell...but I like how they are playing....it's the details I notice in their game. If they can put down Portugal and show a respectable effort against Germany they will have the confidence for a couple more upsets.
It's fun to speculate, But I'd say they are a better side than 3/4 of the teams playing....I can't believe at this level some of the sloppy play I'm witnessing.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
ericko

I'm sorry but we looked sloppy we won yes but not with any grace... The next game will be rough no offensive fire power with the injuries... I hope for the best and will be watching.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:54 AM   #9
kayakingRedDevil
Junior

USA world #1

i can see the US being #1 in the near future, and when i mean near future, i am thinking about the lifespan of this planet.

brian
kayakingRedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
FISH11

Today the USA played another awesome game. One where they had to come back against one of the top Teams in the world and actually dominated for long spells. We continue to get better and gain respect. Hope you all watched the game because you should all be very proud of the USA national mens team. We are in 2nd place in our group and have a game against Germany on Thursday morning. The top two teams move on to the round of 16. I do belive that in the not so far future the USA will be one of the best teams in the world. GO USA, GO USA, GO USA!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #11
Hunters Pa

Heartbreaker goal in last seconds. But, credit where credit is due, they scored an awesomely executed goal to avoid the loss
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
blitzburgh

Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
YakAttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Heartbreaker goal in last seconds. But, credit where credit is due, they scored an awesomely executed goal to avoid the loss
Yes, it was indeed heart-breaking. I still feel it now everytime I think about it I was starting to countdown from 59 seconds. At 40 seconds left I was saying to my wife, common USA, only more seconds ... then the big NOOO came ...
Comparing to the game they play against Ghana, they play much better this game against Portugal. They gave up less possessions and had more control of the game. If the US can play the same or better, I think they can advance the next 1-2 rounds. However, they need to work on their defense, cuz their defensive skills suck lol. The first goal by Portugal was clearly the US defender mistake which caused the US a score. But on the bright side, that goal did made the US to play more offensively and came back. The US was one of the teams with the worst defensive skills in this tournament in my opinion.
Reguardless, my heart go out to them and they have my full support no matter what.
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote