Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #1
f'nsabiki

Islander Trip

Went on a 1.5 day trip on the Islander last week---it's a great boat especially without the mountain of crap that kayakers bring on mother ship trips. The tuna are still around. If you have never fished for tuna before, it's a blast and they are incredibly strong fighters
Attached Images

f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:44 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Without a doubt, some of the hardest fighting fish one can ever catch. Nice Catches! I miss that style of fishing. None of the Party boats in Florida have huge live wells for chumming live bait.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:47 AM   #3
TJones

Fish Report

Anything else landed in the fish count? Nice work and thanks for the report. Personally I didn't get out this year. Would have loved to get out, but the virus, recession, and watching my budget were good reasons to stay home. Its so expensive now, especially given the fact that the take limit is reduced. Great for the species theoretically, but somehow I doubt we are the main contributor of the collapse. How were the coved prices to board ship? Same/ Better / Worse? I didn't really bother looking. Got out real hard on the yak early in the summer and smashed one of my personal bests. Would love to get out now that its starting to cool off, but my work is starting to pick up. Anyways, hope your season went well.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
StrikerMC
Instagram:@nomad.waterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Anything else landed in the fish count? Nice work and thanks for the report. Personally I didn't get out this year. Would have loved to get out, but the virus, recession, and watching my budget were good reasons to stay home. Its so expensive now, especially given the fact that the take limit is reduced. Great for the species theoretically, but somehow I doubt we are the main contributor of the collapse. How were the coved prices to board ship? Same/ Better / Worse? I didn't really bother looking. Got out real hard on the yak early in the summer and smashed one of my personal bests. Would love to get out now that its starting to cool off, but my work is starting to pick up. Anyways, hope your season went well.
Maybe I've missed it, but how has the take limit been reduced? Seems the same as the last few years.
StrikerMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #5
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerMC View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but how has the take limit been reduced? Seems the same as the last few years.
Take limit for bluefin was reduced to 2 fish about 4 or 5 years ago I believe.

Good thing too, with all the moose chasing instagram glory seekers learning how to fish the kite these days.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Take limit for bluefin was reduced to 2 fish about 4 or 5 years ago I believe.

Good thing too, with all the moose chasing instagram glory seekers learning how to fish the kite these days.
Kite fishing with 14-15 other guys on a boat is more torture than flat fall fishing.
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote