Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
Sloberdog
Junior

Lowrance Mark-5x DSI..check this out

All this talk about fish-finders and not been out at LJ in months, I'm thinking.. what if I upgraded my Cuda? Maybe then, when the fish show up, I would have a better chance of dropping a jig on a passing schools of . I still have not been able to drop a jig on the right kind, except when needing to make bait, I think I finally got that down.

Check out the side to side comparison of the Mark-5x DSI against HDS8 and HDS10.. Impressive, now, if we could only get the YT/WSB master "THE DARKHORSE" test one and give us his thoughts and how well it shows us the kelp ghosts. Heck, I think it would be a good investment for Lowrance to hire him for a week, demo their units...and catch a couple fish of a lifetime while doing so.

All the Mark-5 DSI models are only good to 200ft.. The deepest I have ever fished for YT on the kayak has been 150ft or so. Not sure if 200ft+ is necessary.
Sloberdog is offline   Reply With Quote