Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Billy V

After having purchased a Fish-N-Chip on my own and using it for awhile, I will tell you that I would much prefer the Lowrance HD Nautic Insight Charting with its 3 D Shaded Contour.

Fish-N-Chip is only 2 D with no shaded relief. Black and White.
Yes, its is a detailed tool, but I would not forego updated Lowrance HDS 3D Cartography.

They both should be used together to get the entire picture of what is really below you.

I say this so you guys don't sell yourselves short by asking for a Fish-N-Chip, and Lowrance then deciding to take no further action on this matter.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
da22y

Fish-N-Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
After having purchased a Fish-N-Chip on my own and using it for awhile, I will tell you that I would much prefer the Lowrance HD Nautic Insight Charting with its 3 D Shaded Contour.

Agreed....
I have a Humminbird 597cidi with Fish-N-Chip, and I am not too happy about the b/w of it either.

When LOWRANCE fixed the coverage, I might change to HDS model too.
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
RK

I don't really go on bloody decks but it's about time this thread gets added to that forum as well, obviously this is a better. Forum, however there's a ton of potential buyers on there that would love to be informed of this garbage.So billy or anyone on here that's into that site too lets get this going.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by da22y View Post
Agreed....
I have a Humminbird 597cidi with Fish-N-Chip, and I am not too happy about the b/w of it either.

When LOWRANCE fixed the coverage, I might change to HDS model too.
I appreciate you posting this information. The guys who own the current Lowrance units have probably never seen the fish n chip in their units and need to be made aware... Its not the end all, be all solution.

Lowrance HD 3D Cartography is the best overall picture you could read on a chart.
-Except that ALL of La Jolla is Missing - as well as the area of Cardiff Ca. to the Mexican Border and extending out 2 Miles from Shore. (about 40 continuous miles of the best fishing)

A Realistic View of the Area Missing - Its hard to believe.
http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=Cardiff-by-...=Tijuana%2C+BC
Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
wade

[QUOTE=Billy V;112406]
Lowrance HD 3D Cartography is the best overall picture you could read on a chart.
-Except that ALL of La Jolla is Missing - as well as the area of Cardiff Ca. to the Mexican Border and extending out 2 Miles from Shore. (about 40 continuous miles of the best fishing)
A Realistic View of the Area Missing - Its hard to believe.

Very True, the FishNChip is no answer to the MISSING Nautic insight charting.
It is only some B&W lines...I paid extra for the Nautic Insight, and this is now Nauseating. I was given the complete run around as to why the info is missing from Lowrance reps, and false claims that the area hasnt been properly surveyed, NOAA, excuses after excuses...

The complete missing info(s) / bathymetry has been made available a long time ago, which is why it WAS & is included on the extra $$ Platinum chips, Gold and the FishnChips ect...So in my eyes their is no excuse for why its missing or not included in the 1st generation, let alone the 2nd..

Lowrance your sonar is great, but you gotta step it up on all your Charting & Mapping claims if you really advertise "Superb U.S. coastal and offshore saltwater coverage to find productive marine fishing fast."

I would appreciate my product to operate exactly as stated on the box.
Nothing more, NOTHING less.
It does NOT.

http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/pacmaps/movies/sd-down1.mpg

Last edited by wade; 04-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
wade

My instant response today from M.C.

Capt. Wade thanks for email, I have responded to your fishing partners and I'll explained to you as I did to them, I am the sales guy for the northwest for Navico. New charting will not be available until our 2013 product is released. I have sent your email to Navico's mapping department with your concern thank you for your email. Mr. Tito Perez has been Cc too, Tito is our regional manager for SOCAl and is up to date on the missing info. HDS / GEN 2 product will NOT have the mapping info you need at this time. Target date is 2013.

Mike Campbell
Sr Regional Manager
Lowrance Simrad B&G

Last edited by wade; 04-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
dwntwnall4u
Kevin C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post

Capt. Wade thanks for email, I have responded to your fishing partners and I'll explained to you as I did to them, I am the sales guy for the northwest for Navico. New charting will not be available until our 2013 product is released. I have sent your email to Navico's mapping department with your concern thank you for your email. Mr. Tito Perez has been Cc too, Tito is our regional manager for SOCAl and is up to date on the missing info. HDS / GEN 2 product will NOT have the mapping info you need at this time. Target date is 2013.

Mike Campbell
Sr Regional Manager
Lowrance Simrad B&G
Received the same response today.
dwntwnall4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post

Mike Campbell
Sr Regional Manager
Lowrance Simrad B&G
Translation: "Thanks for your concern... But Just because you are stupid customers and you bought your unit in 2011, we will fix your cartography in 2013... so quit calling me, and talk to my area rep... and while your at it kiss my ass suckers."

Seems pretty clear to me. Thanks mate!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
xpresso2am

I'm just waiting on the sidelines for this fix. I want an HDS 5, but with all the negative crap i've been reading I'll just wait it out! with money burning a hole in my pocket!
xpresso2am is offline   Reply With Quote