Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
Dark_Knight_9C1

Eastern Sierra Camping

WMade it to the High Sierras finally. Had a nice site on Gull Lake the first day. Set crayfish traps and let them soak overnight night for 20, enough for dinner. Tonight we are in Silver Lake. Expecting wind gusts to 45 thru this evening.

... Did I mention, It's windy...

Story continues... went out to set traps... still windy. Paddled to a shallow spot out of the wind to setup traps and waited for a lull in the wind to paddle out and drop two traps. Then then frantically fight the wind to get back to shore. Once finished I kept myself pointed into the wind and drifted back within 10 ft of where I started.

It'll be interesting to see what's in them in the morning....

Morning was less windy. Went out to the traps and found a dozen larger size crayfish and a 11" brown trout. . Must have wanted crayfish pretty bad to swim into a net.

Last drop for crayfish before leaving had interesting results. Got about 8 large crayfish, two white fish, and two brown trout.

So, all said and done. I got 4 fish, one brown and three white, on my fishing pole and 5 fish, 3 brown and two white in the crayfish traps, and 40+ crayfish for three drops.

Special Thanks to SabaSlayer who provided the traps and StrikerMC for the new ride, Perception Striker 11.5.

- Keith

PS - All netted fish were promptly released.

Last edited by Dark_Knight_9C1; 06-20-2021 at 09:16 AM.
Dark_Knight_9C1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
Dark_Knight_9C1

Added pictures.
Dark_Knight_9C1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:58 AM   #3
Saba Slayer

PM sent

Congrats on another great trip...

PM sent...those "whitefish" were probably either Chubs, if they were from Silver or Perch from Gull...

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote