Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Dirty Curti

LaJolla Sunday 7/17

Launched at 0530 to perfect conditions, tons of bait starting at about 200 yards from launch with a mix of Sardines, Greenbacks and Bonito, second day in a row getting triples of Bonito on my sabiki. Filled the tank in about 30 minutes and headed out while seeing constant bait balls all the way out to 125'. What's amazing to me is even though there was that much bait in the water the F'N dogs still find a way to steel them off your hook.

Right at about 09:15 the wind picked up and within 10 minutes took the calm waters to victory at sea. The swell picked up and got pretty sloppy after a while. Bait continued to be available, filled my tank 3 times throughout the day.

Fished for 8 hours on the water from inside to outside to back in then north to the pier and all around for zippo. The boat chatter on the radio was the same for everyone...NADA!

Maybe it had to do with the moon phase????

Even though it looked to be crowded it really wasn't. I was able to find plenty of open spots out there to fish without getting in anybody's way or anybody in mine.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
spicolly

Hey Curtis - thanks for the report. I was out there yesterday, too. I accidentally titled my report "7/16" instead of "7/17" and couldn't change it after I posted.

Opposite of your experience, I found it difficult to make mac's, but it sounds like I waited too long to drop my sabiki after I launched. I got the little bone's too, but released them - they don't do well in my tank.
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote