Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2011

Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #121
jorluivil

I find it entertaining that Scallywag can mention a 20lb minimum size limit(halibut) and no one says anything but as soon as little Georgee Poorgee suggest raising the bar on the 'exotics' people pay attention.

I agree with Scallywag on creating separate classes, it will give the occasional fisher a better chance and may get more guys to join. I know several guys that did not join because of how the entire thing was setup and because of who joined. Anyway, I enjoyed the contest and had a great time, placing 6th isn't bad, not when you consider that I started kayak fishing in May of 2009.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #122
jorluivil

Agreed, I had my wife starch it and iron it for me......its ready for WCW 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
And keep those tape shots wrinkle free!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #123
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Congrats to everyone that joined and got an opportunity to submit a fish. A special acknowledgement to the anglers that consistently submitted fish every month. I'm truly amazed and jealous of some of the big fish that were caught.

The competition got me out on the water more and it got me to focus on one species of fish. In the end, I became a better angler. I didn't put up the numbers to show it, but before WCW started I had never even caught a legal halibut. I had a really fun WCW season and I hope the competition continues.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #124
-scallywag-
Banned

hahaha,
Greg and Georgie Poorgie, i see where you're coming from, and i agree.

Maybe just raise the bar for the pro staff?
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #125
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with entertaining 20/30/40 as minimum weights.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #126
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

After Paypal fees:

Payouts are
1st $275
2nd $175
3rd $100

trophies were sent in this morning's cyber mail............need to change em from 2012 to 2011

WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #127
Regor
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Moderator View Post
After Paypal fees:

Payouts are
1st $275
2nd $175
3rd $100

trophies were sent in this morning's cyber mail............need to change em from 2012 to 2011
Congrats
Josh, Eric, and Don
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #128
deepdvr

Quote:

If anyone wants to pre-purchase a 2nd place trophy for next year's (2012) WCW.............PM me.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #129
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Nothing wrong with entertaining 20/30/40 as minimum weights.
What about a Fly Fishing Division? I need an excuse to Finish my 10 weight rod (Scott Heli-ply Classic) and try out my new 12 weight Sage. Just finished my 8 weight Scott Heli-Ply.

Or how about bonus points for liteweight line class catches. (It would probably have to be on the 'honor' system.

If not this year maybe next year. (I should have my new Hobie by then and hopefully had and recovered from back surgery).

Congrats to everyone that participated and placed I know it took a lot of time on the water (or knowledge) to put up some of those points.
Special congrats to Sharon for showing that women 'can' fish with the men and can set a standard too. Might get more interest from our girlfriends and wives to show that they can compete with 'the boys' and have a chance (make it easier to justify the $ we spend on our toys if we can get them interested or understand our passion).

FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote