Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #21
Sheephead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoool View Post
Launched around 730 after helping a fellow yaker get to shore safely after his yak flooded with water. Bait was easy. At least a dozen kayaks and probably same amount of private boats. Everyone was getting bit and plenty landed, except for me. Lots of yellowtail out there. I recommend everyone go fishing at LJ if you get a chance. Plenty of yellowtail out there. Fish deep around 80-100 feet just Northwest of condo.
I'm glad your so willing to help put people on fish but keep the "wide open bites reports" to a minimum please! I, like most of us would rather have action for a month than kill it off in 1-2 days. Tell your top 2-3 friends but keep in mid they'll tell 2-3 more friends and so forth. I love seeing people land their first YT from a yak but im sure im not the only one that hates seeing the "one timers" that only fish if they see a report like this and don't put any time on the water otherwise. Everyone that fishes because they like to fish will hear of the action from friends so why publicize our "jewel" to random people that just want to trash it? This is just my opinions. I have no intentions to sound like I hate or am attacking you.
Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #22
Zfish03

Late reports are still helpful and motivating. Personally, that's what I use this site for. My philosophy is if you think you should be fishing in LJ, you probably should be fishing in LJ.......
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #23
the dude

Quote:
Any day now the 1st LJ bluefin report will come out...
Based on this report it shouldn't be long. The fish are really close....now landing a 100#+ BF from a kayak, THAT will be interesting!

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/thr...-14-pm.631742/
Old 07-16-2016, 11:27 AM   #24
Iceman
Administrator

If you do not like seeing fish reports here............I can make them go away.............just for you!

BFT YAK fever is setting in!!!
Old 07-17-2016, 07:43 AM   #25
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
If you don't have a 4 wheel drive

Do not drive on la jolla beach launch you are risking getting stuck, if you drive fast enough to make it to the hard pack.....you are risking getting a speeding ticket from the lifeguards and I hate to see how much that fine is
Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #26
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Do not drive on la jolla beach launch you are risking getting stuck, if you drive fast enough to make it to the hard pack.....you are risking getting a speeding ticket from the lifeguards and I hate to see how much that fine is
Ditto this...
I was the one that commented on you being the smart one on Friday morning...

-Mitch

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote